Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings from az. purchased my burgman 650 18 dec and have 400 mles on it. one of the advantages of southern az is that you can ride year around.
loyal s

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey there Injun and welcome to the site. Congrats on your new Burger, I'm sure you're going to love it.
Just one thing please......don't rub it in about the year round riding. :?
Ok im now doing my voodoo snow dance curse for Arizona........Is it working yet?

·
Registered
857 Posts
it's working! I See White Stuff!

Allwalk - Hey, I think I see some snow here in Phoenix!!!!!!

Wups. Nope, must have been a pigeon outside my window.

55 degrees this morning at 7 on drive to work. Light jacket. 76 degrees on drive home from work - Phx jacket and short sleeve shirt underneath.

I wanted to keep driving past my exit. Beautiful weather, and I don't think it'll cool off much more this "winter."

Don't worry. I'll be sweating the 110 degree weather pretty soon, and you'll be on the other side of the fence, LOL.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Who & Where

Injun, welcome aboard the 650 (& other sizes) express.
Allwalk, Well, I guess if we had snow here in Peterborough, England, I would have to leave the bike under wraps, but cold weather cannot be allowed to stop us. Sunday 11th, and my normal 3 mile mini scooter commute to the station to go to work is a 55 mile commute due to engineering work taking place on the rail lines. I could go by bus, but need to get up 2 hours earlier than I do by using the bike. So, 6.20am its 35F, light rain and I turn the wick up to 65mph for a straight run down the freeway, and arrive warm and snug. Having recently re-waxed my jacket, by the time I walk into the office, there is hardly any suggestion that I have arrived on a bike, in the rain. At 6pm, going home, its dry, but a heck of a lot colder, I stick 70 (the legal limit) on the clock and by the end of the hour, my hands are feeling quite cold inside my gloves. The rest of me is OK. But, most importantly, I have had a great ride both directions. Longest solo ride, and with the dampers set up for tandem operation, there is a different feel to the bike, particularly in some of the tighter corners that are on part of the route. I guess it’s the difference to having Gail on the back. Well, to those of you who can’t get out, just think how much fun you are going to have once the weather improves in your neck of the woods.

Regards
Randal and Gail
June 2003 Blue 650

1 - 5 of 5 Posts