Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hilarious. I still ride my Burgman in the heat (and now humidity) of the Phoenix summer. 105 degrees plus 40% humidity (monsoon's have begun). Yet when I describe my ride, people are aghast that I would even consider riding at all or enjoy it in the least. Yet I love it.

Soooo, what is your description of a trip or even short ride, that when you describe it to folks, they can't believe you actually enjoyed yourself!

Hail storm? Torrential rains? Mechanical problems? In-laws? What's the worst thing thrown at you, but you still had a blast because you were on two wheels. And people are shocked that you did have fun.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Re: Your worse experience on the road that you actually enjo

flintbobbi said:
I still ride my Burgman in the heat (and now humidity) of the Phoenix summer. 105 degrees plus 40% humidity (monsoon's have begun).
Surely you jest about humidity. Here in South Florida we would kill for 40% humidity. We are running 90 - 95 degrees with 70% - 90% humidity during the summer. It's kind of like living in a steam room.

If one wears protective gear, as I do, riding is only semi-comfortable very early or very late in the day.

Enjoy your rides and 40%:!:

Janine :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Your worse experience on the road that you actually enjo

JKerstinJ said:
flintbobbi said:
I still ride my Burgman in the heat (and now humidity) of the Phoenix summer. 105 degrees plus 40% humidity (monsoon's have begun).
Surely you jest about humidity. Here in South Florida we would kill for 40% humidity. We are running 90 - 95 degrees with 70% - 90% humidity during the summer. It's kind of like living in a steam room.

Janine :)
What you need to remember is that out west, we are used to 10-20% humidity. The heat index actually decreases the temperature rather than increases it. :lol: Here in Colorado it can be 40% humidity in a rain shower and as soon as it stops raining, the water evaporates so quickly the road steams.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I agree - i'd rather have 110 with 40% humidity than 95 with 95% humidity, but folks are still surprised I ride when I do. I usually see about 10 bikes in the garage where I park for work in the "winter", but almost none in the summer.

When it is higher humidity, I sweat a bit, but still not much if I'm moving. With that higher humidity, it seems like you sweat all the time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The worst weather - best ride

Last summer I located a Honda Magna VF700 after a long
search. After I agreed on a price with the owner I had my
wife take me to pick it up.

The weather was iffy to say the least. After I made the
deal we stopped at a local restaurant for a quiet Italian
dinner. The food was wonderful the company better.

After, my wife followed me home. As we left the restaurant
the wind picked up and lightning danced across the sky.
Thunder echoed and boomed.

A ride past Lake Lansing and a tight ramp onto I-69 let me
work the bike a little. Dusk was settling as I headed south
and the air was electric. More lightning flashed and arced
through the sky. Thunder warned that rain was here and
about to get serious. Of course I was without rain gear
and the dash home was slowed by a need for a fuel stop.

Back on the road after fuel. Raining harder. Lots harder.
Can't believe I left the rain gear at home!

A small but effective windscreen on the bike kept me
somewhat dry. With rain, thunder and lightning I never
felt better than on my "new" (to me) bike.

Home safe and sound - thanks Lord for the light show!

Jim W.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts