Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don’t know if this already has a topic open, but here it goes...

Where does your nickname comes from ?

I will start…

The nickname ICE929RR has a long history.

It combines the ICEMAN from one of my favourite films – TOP GUN – and from the Honda Fireblade 929RR.

But, since there are a lot of Iceman’s out there, I changed it a bit… so…

ICE + 929RR = ICE929RR

I’ve been using this nickname for more than 10 years… and my wife is using the ICE1000RR, because of our last bike…the SUZUKI GSX1000R

Have fun and take care…

Cheers

Luís aka ICE929RR

·
Registered
806 Posts
On Air Force Bases, the standard "UserID" for machines is the first six letters of your last name, then your first and middle initial.

Eric A. Bechtol = bechtoea

Since I use it at work on about six machines, it's easier for me to use it on the web also.

Funny, I wish it was more exciting than that, but it's not.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Selias is a FRP character name going back over a quarter of a century now. More recently it's been seen on Everquest and World of Warcraft servers but before that mostly in smaller dungeons and dragons circles except when I used the name for an NPC at a Dundracon, etc.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
PINWHEEL......my hubby started calling me. I have no clue why and neither does he.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I once was employed a the Chief Executive of a charity for the Elderly. I used to call the ladies who worked with me my Angels. In return, they nicknamed me Chief Keith.

Hence 'chiefkeefe', which quickly stuck.

(It confuses folk who knew I used to be in the Royal Navy. I was actually a LtCdr but most folk assume I was a CPO because of my nickname.)

Now ... please explain why you chose your current password ...

... or maybe not. :wink:

·
Registered
520 Posts
When my Dad Enlisted after Pear Harbor 1041, he was already 29 years old. They didn't want him to leave the cattle rances in Montana. Though his family even didowned him for over 40 years over it (raising beef for the troops mattered too), he went on till being wounded and captured in fighting on Gualdalcanal. All the kids always refered to him as PAPPY. Then my Mom called him that, now they call ME that. Gettin old just doesn't pay....

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
ICE929RR said:
Hi all,
The nickname ICE929RR has a long history.

It combines the ICEMAN from one of my favourite films – TOP GUN – and from the Honda Fireblade 929RR.
Greengoose: Back in 1988-1991 I was in the Army stationed in Germany. At that time I looked EXACTLY like Goose from TopGun. Since I was in an avaition unit, I had a flight suit which added to the image. It was a no-brainer to be called Goose. Sometime shortly after the name Goose, one of our pilots who was a major, started calling me Green Goose since I was brand new. Green="New" Goose="Goose from TopGun". I have used it ever since. :D

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Brewman- One of my hobbies is home brewing beer, been doing that for about 15 years now. It's slightly more politically correct than using a nickname derived from another of my hobbies- Pistol Shooting, and reloading ammo.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wish I was more original. My name's Flint and wife is Bobbi.

The name Flint is my real name. I have two older bro's: Frank and Fred and 3 older sisters: Colette, Claudine, and Claire.

When my Mom found out she was pregnant, they needed another "F" name, fast.

Thank God that a show called Wagon Train was popular back then (the 60's) and a handsome dude called Flint McCollough was a lead character.

And thus I was saved the horror of being called "Fritz" or "Felix." (Apoligies to all those named Fritz and Felix)

I've kept the original names going with my kids: Kasper is my oldest son - named after my Great-Grandfather. Girls are Bailey and Shianne (pronounced like Cheyenne) and newest addition is Garrett.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
And thus I was saved the horror of being called "Fritz" or "Felix." (Apoligies to all those named Fritz and Felix)
You left out a few but rather than insult anyone who might be sensitive I'll just mumble them to myself. :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hmmm - I use my real name because my childhood nickname was "Run it's him!"... :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
****-it

Selias said:
You left out a few but rather than insult anyone who might be sensitive I'll just mumble them to myself. :)
to borrow from Bill Cosby, but every word true...

I thought my name was "****-it" for many years.

My Dad was always saying: "****-it, come here! ****-it, would you cut that out...****-it, quit..."

An old one but a good one.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Years ago, after buying my Lightning, I was driving in a rally w/other Lightning owners.

Having a brand new spiffy looking truck, I decided that I had no alternative except to show off a bit. We were driving west on I-10 in single file going slower than the speed limit, following the rules of convoy driving in Texas. There was no traffic around but us so I pulled into the left lane & wound it to 120, passing everyone like a shot. I figured I would use the gained ground to be productive so I pulled over, got out my video camera & proceeded to film the convoy as they passed (made for a very cool video, I must say). While they were streaming past me, I saw a DPS black & white go shooting by in the left lane, lights & siren going full blast.

After the column passed, I got back in the truck, caught up with the column, took up position as tail-end Charlie, & we continued on to our destination, a restaurant where we were to meet another convoy coming from Austin. When we arrived, the other group was already there, milling around in the parking lot, waiting for our arrival. There were a couple of DPS Troopers there looking at the trucks, & talking with the Austin group. Being last in line meant I got there last & was just walking up when one of the Troopers called for attention & wanted to know who the wild man in the black truck with no regard for speed limits was.

My compatriots covered for me claiming he was a rogue who was showing off. Deputy Dawg didn't buy it for a second, but didn't press the issue, & we all went inside for dinner.

Ever since then I've been known in the Lightning & drag racing circles (& on-line) as the wild man. Since that name is almost always in use on line, I altered the spelling, aquired the Frank Frazzetta picture of "The Death Dealer" I use as an avatar & have been using it ever since. There are a great many people who know me that don't even know my given name, they just refer to me as The Wyldman, & most everyone knows to whom they refer.

There, another short story, wordsmithed into an entertaining(?) narrative by me!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wasquid: A while back, I used to ride sportbikes like a SQUirrely kID (squid) with little respect to speed laws or safety. I got the scooter to discourage that, and it has almost entirely succeeded…85-90 percent. Therefore, I was squid, but am no more.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have two nicknames, but decided to use Butch because it's the shorter of the two. The other being Cheyenne, from the TV show of the same title, a neighbor started calling me that because I liked the show & Clint Walker so much that it stuck.
I was always called Butch by my Mom's side of the family & if they can't call me Ken, (Kenneth) please call me Butch or Cheyenne.

Butch

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pretty self-explanatory- I live in Tasmania (aka Tassie), the southernmost and only island state of Australia, and I ride a Burgman.
The avatar- yes, well. It's just a little image I found that I thought summed me up. A grumpy old warrior (no, I've never done military service but am daily engaged in a warfare of sorts) standing ready with an appropriate weapon. You can figure it out from there.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts