Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner of my JCL MP250A, and it has treated me well over many miles. The only failure was the stator this year, but that is not unusual even for a main line vendor.

I have had to replace light sockets, and one brake caliper ($45.00 WTHay willie May)

Here are some pics, enjoy the Holiday. I am riding my scoot to the forest for some pics.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rule one about saying something boastful, it will come back and bite you.

I was out riding Sunday, and it was hot. I made numerous stops for hydration, and pictures, always leaving the engine running for a minute or two. Not much more time than spent at a traffic light. I do this because it sometimes is a little slow to turn over on 90F and above days.

Well on the way home after a two hour ride, I noticed my voltage was at 12.4 vdc on my meter. I knew that wasn't good, so I stopped and disconnected my aux head light, I don't recall at the time if the headlights were lit, but by the time I got home they were not. Little guy ran OK idle RPM increased to 2500, with a little miss-fire, voltage was 12.3 vdc by the time I garaged it.

Diagnosis is completely burnt all three wires from the stator internally. 0VAC on all phases. Also looks like it took out part of my rectifier, but I have a new spare in the tool box. Hindsight the stator was a replacement after the original failed at 28k miles, I put it in April, and it was a little undersized. I ordered an OEM replacement.

While I have all the body panels off I checked the valves. Still at .005 intake and .007 exhaust after 29,000 miles, amazing.

I will try to post pics of the stator later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts