Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a few video compilations of motorcycle wrecks caught on dash cams and HiPros and the vast majority of the accidents were caused by the motorcyclists themselves. Yes there were plenty of instances where cars turned in front of the bikes, but in a lot of those cases if the riders would have been riding defensively they could have avoided the accident. Examples of this is when lines of cars are stopped, the bikes come flying by as if none of the cars will ever move out of their lane. I always drive as though every car driver out there is out to kill me and I act accordingly.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
YEP! Almost all of the motorcycle crash or near crash videos posted are riders doing something wrong either by mistake or by purpose. The ones that get me are the near miss ones posted by some kid acting like a jerk and then complaining about the other guy{s}. Usually they get very well corrected by responsible riders in the comments.

The biggest thing I have learned from these videos is to never go to Asia or Russia, or at least not ride on their roads.

Which leads me to some observations of Russian drivers. First there appears to be 2 speeds there, stop and go as fast as you can. Second 90% of Russians do not know that you need to tighten lug nuts, there are a lot of videos of wheels just coming off. Third they make American road rage look like a little girl's tea party.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No links ???

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Which leads me to some observations of Russian drivers. First there appears to be 2 speeds there, stop and go as fast as you can. Second 90% of Russians do not know that you need to tighten lug nuts, there are a lot of videos of wheels just coming off. Third they make American road rage look like a little girl's tea party.
There's one where a car pulls up behind a bike stopped at a red light. The car driver honks his horn and the biker does nothing. Then he honks his horn again and the biker casually gets off the bike and comes back towards the car - carrying a big honkin' tree-felling Hudson Bay axe in his right hand! The driver hurriedly backs away...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have watched a bunch of those myself. The ones in Russia (I think) make me glad for our dazed out soccer moms talking or their cell phones.

I did see the one of the guy with the axe. I would have backed up too if I was driving that car. Here in Kentucky, road rage means they wave a pistol at you and maybe even take a shot at you.

Doug from Kentucky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts