Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since fitting the full yoshi system I have been a little dismayed by the popping from the pipe when applying a little throttle after decellerating, although this I guess is to be accepted after fitting the pipe. I then fitted a BMC free flow filter which seemed to make things a little worse so I took her to one of the larger Suzuki dealers for a tune through their yoshi box & software. As most will know this isn't a substitute for a Power Commander but at less than 1/4 the price I thought I would give it a try. After 2 hours on the dyno & limited adjustments to the fuel flow the popping has all but gone ( still some from time to time) but quite happy with spending $137 untill I can afford a PC3. The local dyno shop wants $800 to supply, fit & tune the PC3, they are excellent tuners of race bikes but still maybe a waste on a 650 Burger when I am mainly just after a pleasing look as opposed to the truck size standard muffler & a weight saving of some 7kg.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Sorry for the harsh words, but the most prominent performance increase from aftermarket exhausts is increased or drastically increased noise output.
Yoshi being the most noisy one for Burgmans.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The usual suspects for decel popping is air leaks in the exhaust system which allows oxygen into the exhaust and unburnt gases burn (explode). Check gaskets at all connections for burning - usually you'll see a small black spot near the culprit connection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Knucklehead & Eric, yep mechanic checked for leakage & all ok, apparently it's due to very little back pressure which allows unburnt gasses into system, but I understand & agree with your theory completely ! And yes Eric, I like a pleasantly loud exhaust note (except totally unmuffled Harleys) the Burgman sounds like a 500 single on steroids & they make motorists aware of your presence hence a safer ride for me. I remember driving my car to work, I would ALWAYS hear a Harley or Ducati before seeing them which makes you look out for them. I am a strong believer in "Loud pipes saves lives" although I try not to be totally obnoxious, & anyway where would I mount my loud radio ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts