Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggesedt routes into Yosemite. I will be coming in from Omaha. I have 4 days to travel the aprox 1800 miles. I plan on I-80 to Salt lake (2 days) but from there it is un-charted. Not sure whether Lincon Hwy and Utah, the loneliest road and Nevada or the interstate. I think I want to come in through Lee Vining but I also want to make best use of my time to see as much "scenic" as possible. Don't really want to leave the same way I came either.

My trip home might go North to Washinton and across I94, depending on the time I have.

Any help and advice based on past experiences in the area would be helpful. Along with any hints on reasonablely priced accomodations.

Thanks

Linda

·
Registered
255 Posts
I believe that riding in Salt Lake City will be a revelation to you, Please be careful. My wife and I drove through SLC last summer in our Mustang, don't really want to do that again. Nice people there just everyone is in a danged hurry!!!!
Greg

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Avoid SLC like the plague - it's a horror even the middle of the night when we blew through was heavy traffic and construction -- that goes on and on.
For your sanity find another route.

Also Yosemite was hit very hard by fire last year - the main park is okay but it's $$$ to stay there.
Glacier Point is a for sure must see if you do go but the road up is absolutely wild.
But the view is breath taking - took all these last Nov on road trip with the Aussie GF ( by car not Burgman )

If you have time try and catch Mount St. Helens - spectacular.

Any chance Yellowstone instead of Yosemite?? Looking at a map it's 2,200 round trip to Yellowstone

You could spend a lot of time and not see it all.

and 3400 round trip to Yosemite....I'd be seriously rethinking your plans.

More to see IMNSHO and you avoid SLC - lovely area between Yellowstone and Omaha.
4 days I really think you are pushing it for Yosemite and might not be worth it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you decide to spend some riding time in Washington State let me know - I've been all over this state on two and four wheels and can recommend some great riding that you'll remember for a very long time. Don't plan on riding through here until after July 4th though - summer unofficially arrives on July 5th.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Agree with MacDoc 4 days is pushing it. If you haven't been to Yellowstone go there. Well worth the trip. Been there 6 or 7 times & still haven't seen everything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts