Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 69 y/o rider who bought a used 650 Exec trike a couple months ago.... 2011 w/32,000 miles.
I thought I got a great deal. 600 miles later I hear noises. Suzuki dealer said "inside the converson - we don't touch em". I tried calling "trike" shops - "unless it's ours - we don't touch em".
As I'm not near any trike shops, I basically was describing my rear end over the phone, & one
nice lady said "it could be a Yelvington".
Fasr forward:
I contacted Yelvington's plant in Largo, FL & a very nice gentleman, Mark Russell, called me back & offered to help me get my bike to him to take it to their plant.
Short story:
They went over the conversion, which obviously was not installed as instructed by Yelvington - THUS incorrectly, ultimately damaging it - to about $2,000.00 worth.
My "good deal" was toilet bound.
Mark Russell & Yelvington Trikes stepped up & essentially replaced my conversion UNDER WARRANTY to get this 100% disabled service connected veteran back on the road!
They suggested a few things unrelated to the conversion issues & I had those done at extremely reasonable price - AND they returned it to me all shined up to boot!
My sincere thanks to Yelvington, Mark Russell & all the techs that made this happen.
I offer my wholehearted endorsement of a very honest, quality company:
Yelvington Trikes are the best... any other old geezers who are almost giving up riding -
Give Yelvington a call they have convertions for almost any bike they can keep ya "ridin like you stole it"
Bill O'Connell
Homosassa, FL

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya. They could have said "Tough Snitski".

And Bill, hope your not one of those bitter Vets when someone says "Hey Buddy, thanks for your service to this GREAT nation." From a 20%ter to a 100%ter, thanks. Some gave some (me), others gave ALL. May their maker bless them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave_J
yes, they could have, but even though it's somtimes to find - HONOR does live somewhere.
Apparently Yelvington Trikes is one of those places.
I took up riding @ 61 - only scooters - first Piaggio MP3 250 (my wife rides now), my mid-life crisis lol.
When I decided I needed a trike & wanted (needed physically) a scooter - BURGMAN was THE suggestion,
650 Exec with full conversion.
I'm glad I listened - I did 100 miles today. Other than the 95°F, it was smooth as my Chrysler T&C.
Thanks for your comment & your service.
I joined the forum to learn all I can about these machines.
I welcome tips & suggestions
Bill

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yelvington seems like a class act! Thanks for sharing your story. Good to hear in this day and age.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have seen and test ridden both the Burgman 650 and the Silver Wing. I would not hesitate to buy one if or when that time comes. From what I've seen and heard they do stand behind their products. I've heard people complain about their price but compared to a Goldwing or any other motorcycle trike they are cheap. And there's also the step-through benefits that's a must for me.
I would also like to thank both of you for your service to keep this nation free for us all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts