Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left August. 9 from millville pa with wife, each on own 650 burg mans. Mine k9 20k miles, hers(my old bike) k7, 60k. No interstates on way out. At Omaha had my water pump replaced at Dillon motor sports. Great service. On to Badlands, Rushmore, Devil's tower, Bear tooth pass, cody wy. rodeo, and to yellowstone. Had to cut trip short and head home due to her back acting up. Total 5250 miles. She really did well. Quite a trooper for a grandma. Some may recall last year I went with my son from Virginia to Golden Gate Bridge and back. 8100 miles

·
Registered
205 Posts
Didn't happen without pictures

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Yes we need pictures something like this ZOE_0007_1.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
pics from aforementioned trip

1st pic is representative of my wife Chris as she was viewed by the people as we road thru their friendly towns.
2nd is representative of the view Harley riders had.
3rd was an even more common view the Harley riders had:laughing9:

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
First time I've seen buffalo in that many trees. Seen them many a time in Yellowstone & North Rim of the Grand Canyon but always in open field areas.

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts
Fixed that for you - made me dizzy to look. ;)

Yeah we ran into Buff in the trees up in the Yukon ....

Includng this wild eyed dust bather

They get awfully close to vehicles...not a good thing on a mcycle.

He was not more than 10' from the window in Yellowstone....and they meander along at their own pace.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hard to believe you didn't meet up with my wife and I. We were there on our Burgy 650s.Same trip, same time.Week after Sturgis.. We we.t from Winnipeg to Glacier in one day. Then into Idaho, back through the Teton, Yellowstone, Cody, ,Beartooth and back.
We left on the 7th and got back the 19th.. I actually really liked the scooter. Left the cruiser at home.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Don't see no motorcycle, Mac :D

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts
Nope - travel w GF is strictly by cage.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Germans love to tour by cycle. I noticed that when I was in Banff five years ago, on my 400. SHOULD have realized that when I bought my tailbag, Bags-Connect, a German company.

I did Yellowstone by Burgman 650 a year ago, before taking a job that now has me 200 miles away. Traveled from 100 miles east of Minneapolis, to Yellowstone and Glacier (and other points) and back. The only Burgman rider in evidence.

Now that I'm out here, I notice that the Burgman is even less popular here than in Wisconsin/Minnesota. W'ss up with THAT? PERFECT ride for this sort of leisurely vacation tour...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts