Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally figured out this geeky business and managed to upload a few phots.

There is a sub folder that shows my GPS mount (which I am well pleased with)!

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/NormanB

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yip - common as muck here! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I too like that color. Wish Suzuki would offer it here. In the meantime, where's my big paintbrush? :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
I too like that color. Wish Suzuki would offer it here. In the meantime, where's my big paintbrush? :)
Maybe we'll get lucky in 2005? I'll like my Blue 650 - and certainly wouldn't trade the machine just for a different color - but Blue, Black, and Silver are very conservative colors. An eye-grabbing color option might boost sales I think. Something to make the scoot stand out from the ho-hum crowd on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Very nice job on the GPS mounting Norman. I have to ask about that exhaust. Thats not stock is it? What is it? I like the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
allwalk said:
Very nice job on the GPS mounting Norman. I have to ask about that exhaust. Thats not stock is it? What is it? I like the looks of it.
Hi Allwalk

Thanks, I really wish I had a lathe I could have knocked out that custom mount in no minutes flat - as it was - half a day with hacksaw and hand files :cry:

The exhaust is OEM and an early one. It is terrible.

It looks good with the chrome cover, but it is poorly engineered, poorly assembled and made of low grade materials. It is also very very heavy (as is the mounting bracket). British winters (and the salt on the road) takes a heavy toll on these sort of sacrificial materials and many owners have had them replaced under warranty, others have been unlucky with failures outside of the warranty period. I have been lucky with previous owner a fair weather low mileage rider but I expect I will be replacing it after the next winter. I suspect the R&D money ran out before they got around to the exhaust system and the workshop cleaner knocked this first version up! :wink:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have you any idea as to which after market exhaust pipe you'll use when the OEM buggers out?

Peace.

Edit - BTW, I really enjoyed your pictures and I'll certainly be looking for them to save my sorry arse during the maintenance you documented.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bleeder

Yeah - I will be using a Leo Vince Stainless Steel one.

I just posted a thread from a Yahoo group on the subject of exhaust, which, if you have nothing better to do, may provide you with a modicum of interest. :wink:

I will popback and edit this post to give the Leo Vince weblinks and part numbers, note your machine will require a different exhaust to mine, last time I checked they did not have stainless steel one ready for the K3/K4.

All this typing - exhausting! :sleepy2:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, poor old MikeS (SoCalMike) lives just down the coast from me. Hard luck for him and puzzeling that the exhaust should crack open on a '03. He does flog it vigorously and daily though on the interstate battles in SoCal. If it were my bike I'd forgo the free fix and use this as a perfect time to throw a Leo Vince on there, stainless or not.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bleeder said:
Yes, poor old MikeS (SoCalMike) lives just down the coast from me. Hard luck for him and puzzeling that the exhaust should crack open on a '03. He does flog it vigorously and daily though on the interstate battles in SoCal. If it were my bike I'd forgo the free fix and use this as a perfect time to throw a Leo Vince on there, stainless or not.

Peace.
NormanB said:
I suspect the R&D money ran out before they got around to the exhaust system and the workshop cleaner knocked this first version up!.
Not that puzzling - the workshop cleaner had a real bad day when he knocked that one up!! :D :D

I reckon it was a weld/material defect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts