Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
18,090 Posts
The age old question
"In a crash, do you want to stay on the bike or get tossed clear?"

In my 3 crashes between 2009 and 2015, I think I'd been better if I was seatbelted down. The second and third impacts are what caused the major damages.

The Goldwing crash I went thru the windshield and hit the ground hard, the bike just laid over.

The 2010 Burgman crash when I low sided and then the tires caught and flipped me up and slammed me into the fender followed by the Burgman slamming into me it may have gone a bit different.

The 2015 Burgman crash after the first impact of the concrete barrier I hit the ground hard and slid over 450 feet on the rummble strips. A seatbelt may have changed things, may have been worse.

• Wow
Reactions: BurgDanno

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Doesn't look like too much fun driving in the rain.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Is any bike fun riding in the rain?!
Must be part of getting old.
I used to go OUT riding in the rain. These days I don't go out if it's going to, (allegedly), rain.
Not so much the getting wet. I have the gear for that. But the cleaning of the cr*p off the scooter afterward.

The weather man getting it wrong has cost me quite a few wasted riding days this year.

·
Premium Member
9,667 Posts
The age old question
"In a crash, do you want to stay on the bike or get tossed clear?"
I wanna get tossed clear an land on a big fluffy,,,,,, woman holdin a refreshin beverage

Reactions: BurgDanno
1 - 12 of 12 Posts