Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,411 Posts
Lapine Rider said:
Make _certain_ that all prices are quoted as "out-the-door", including prep. In my case, they tried to add something like $350 in dealer prep after agreeing to a price. I smiled, stood up, and headed for the door. "Wait, what's wrong?" they asked. "I'm not paying that," I replied. "Everyone pays for dealer prep," they answered. "I don't," I said back.
And you know what? I didn't. :)
Problem is I'm in the People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia. We can't buy a bike out of state unless it has several thousand miles on it. ( Air polution rules).

The $350 set-up charge is also a dream figure for us. This paticular dealer is the highest at over $1200 but most of the others are not far behind.
I already have a hate on for their service department. The good news is that there is a new dealer about the same distance away in Lake Elsinor
so I am going to give their service department a try.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Problem is I'm in the People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia. We can't buy a bike out of state unless it has several thousand miles on it. ( Air polution rules).
I'll not say anything, except that as a Libertarian-leaning Republican I would not live in Kalifornia for all the Burgmens in Tokyo. Good luck!

· Registered
549 Posts
pauljo said:
Comments re ride test:

I was of course comparing the trunk volume to what I am used to (the 650). I know that was unfair, because the 650 does not have the engine buried under there. .
Paul, I actually think that the trunk on the 400 is almost, if not idenical to the 650. I didn't measure but I did put two full helmets in both and they seemed to be the same.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
There was a new blue Majesty 400 parked next to my Burgman 650 yesterday when I came out to the lot. Looked like exactly the same one I'd test ridden when looking for my new scooter. Interesting to see how much my 650 looked larger than it. Not much longer, but certainly beefier.

Dave B.

· Premium Member
4,914 Posts
First off - I like the YamiHammer - cept for the dorky pipe (like my stock dorky 650 pipe job - which, btw, ain't "growing on me,") - besides that stupid Majesty pipe, I think she looks pretty darn sweet.

Lampine's ofference is funny and a good read.

Don't wanna get to the "mine is bigger than yours" thing but, heck, bill has a point when it comes to the trunk. dunno bout the rest oda compartments.

Overall - I think the Maj is cool. It's very "svelt." 'specially the arse end of the body cladding/seat thing. Maybe if they just tucked up that abhorrent muffler eye sore into the works (ala 250 maxam) and make it unnoticable...?

Yesterday I spun by my local Zuki dealer and he had a silver 05 400 sitting out in the morning sunshine. It looked narrow...but, at the same time, sweet, perky, and new. (eesh - i cant believe i just typed that! :lol: )

I like forward angled shocks. Like on mine. Whether they are better or not - who gives a crap?! It looks better (imo.) pogo stick shocks fell outta style eons ago. I like analog gauges too.

Come on now Randy - don't git yer skivz ina wad son...!!! :lol:

I wonder which had the best performance specs...The svelt yammi or the purposeful burg.

· Registered
133 Posts
I wonder which had the best performance specs...The svelt yammi or the purposeful burg.[/quote]

I don't know about the specs, but I can tell you that, so far, after 70 miles, I absolutely love my Majesty (thinking about calling her Madge, since it absolutely fits). It's very comfortable, and as time goes by, it seems to handle the bumps a little better. Maybe that's part of the break in process or maybe it's just me.

As I continue to ride, the toughest thing for me as a newbie are the turns. My wife took a spin on Madge at a local multiplex parking lot yesterday morning and she felt the same way. But, with practice, we both will get better. Anyway, this scooter is terrific, good highway speed (I do go over the recommended RPM's, but not for long), handles well, feels light and I'm getting used to her more and more.

-Willy

· Registered
806 Posts
I think that if a person just bought a Majesty, they are going to be able to tell you they like it better, if only out of pride. Same for the Burgman 400.

Now I bought an 04 Burgman 400 before the Majesty came out. I cannot answer for the Majesty, but I can tell you that I cannot identify anything on the B400 that does not suite me to a T. If I had to identify something, it would be the seat could be replaced with a Corbin, but what bike wouldn't benefit from a better seat?

Compared to the Majesty, I like the B400's "hidden" rear suspension and the larger amount of dashboard storage. I ride to an Air Force Base every day and it's cool to just open the left hand top dashboard cubby and pull out my ID card. In fact, that was one item that I required on my new ride.

· Registered
133 Posts
bechtoea said:
I think that if a person just bought a Majesty, they are going to be able to tell you they like it better, if only out of pride. Same for the Burgman 400.
Bechtoea,

I completely agree with you on the above. I am certainly not saying that the Majesty is a better scoot. However, I feel that performance wise, the two should match up pretty close. They have similar engines, CVT's, comparable storage, etc. In addition, they are essentially the same with respect to MSRP. I absolutely love the Burgman as well. When my wife and I chose the Majesty, we did so for our own reasons. It certainly wasn't because we felt that Madge would perform better. In fact, the stock burgman with the passenger backrest and the phone charger would be tough to beat by any other bike, scooter or not!

But, in the end, we went with the slightly slimmer Madge and have, thus far, no regrets. I know we'd be just as satisfied with a silver or blue AN400!

Ride safe and God Bless.

· Registered
113 Posts
Majesty - does it fit???

Hi Guys,

After having sat on the Maj and then the Burgy 400 some 15 minutes later....I realize one thing...The Maj bars hit my knees when I try to turn the bars more than about 15 degrees. Should I consider that a safety issue and rule that bike out for that reason???? OR are the handlebars adjustable by sliding them forward in their clamps so they dont hit my knees???? HELP!!!!

The Burgy 400 fits much better, but I dont like the 3500 mile valve adjustment intervals...that is almost a deal breaker for me. If I wanted something to work on, I'd keep what I have!

Hotshoe Tom

· Super Moderator
8,085 Posts
On most bikes and scooters, you can move the handelbars about an inch up or down. It may be the dealer set the bars too low for you, but just right for someone else.

Worst case, get a set of risers for the handlebars.

I would not rule out the Majesty just because of the handlebars.

· Registered
113 Posts
I went and did it...thanks to your good advice folks!

Thanks to all of you who contributed tidbits of info to help me make an intelligent buying decision. I did get the majesty as I thought I would...The ride is better even than I hoped for. It is faster, quicker accelerating, smoother riding but with a sporty feel to the suspension, carries my wife and I just fine around town, plan to test it this weekend on a short road trip and see how the wife does and how the bike does. I got a price that was excellent especially after finding out the local suzuki dealer cant get any 650 burgys right now...Suzuki is out of them and doesnt know when they will have more. So I am glad I checked that out before buying the Majesty. Turns out there was someone else interested in this bike too, and I beat him to the punch. So I am ecstatic and went for a 35 mile ride this evening...there are a few niggling little things I want to adjust and tweak but on balance it is well worth its price.

Thanks again guys...

Hotshoe Tom

· Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Does anybody know what the 07 Majesty will be like?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.