Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,411 Posts
Grrrr! I went to the dealer in Temecula today to start looking for the Majesty. When I told him I would be checking six different dealers to see where I could get the best deal he would not quote me a price out the door. He said to get the best price I could & he would beat it. I told him that if they all said that I would never be able to get started.
Looks like the next place I go I will have to be sure not to say that. I will have to go through the entire process just to get a price. Big waste of my time but at least I will be wasteing their time also.
If I get too big a hassle I may just give up the whole idea. I am really mad right now.

· Registered
1,411 Posts
Lapine Rider said:
Make _certain_ that all prices are quoted as "out-the-door", including prep. In my case, they tried to add something like $350 in dealer prep after agreeing to a price. I smiled, stood up, and headed for the door. "Wait, what's wrong?" they asked. "I'm not paying that," I replied. "Everyone pays for dealer prep," they answered. "I don't," I said back.
And you know what? I didn't. :)
Problem is I'm in the People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia. We can't buy a bike out of state unless it has several thousand miles on it. ( Air polution rules).

The $350 set-up charge is also a dream figure for us. This paticular dealer is the highest at over $1200 but most of the others are not far behind.
I already have a hate on for their service department. The good news is that there is a new dealer about the same distance away in Lake Elsinor
so I am going to give their service department a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.