Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I zipped uptown on the burger650 and picked up our Xmas turkey.

17.5 lbs (7.95 Kg) - is this the record for a burger turkey pickup & do I get a prize?

By the way, no problem fitting it under the seat and when you got going you could hardly hear the squawking at all :D

Merry Xmas all,

Robg

·
Registered
209 Posts
robg said:
is this the record for a burger turkey pickup & do I get a prize?
You mean excluding the rider?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Leave them under the seat, ride around awhile, and they'll be cooked. Don't forget to stop and bast them a time or two.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ted clement said:
Leave them under the seat, ride around awhile, and they'll be cooked. Don't forget to stop and bast them a time or two.
That's probably true on the 400... The 650 engine is not sitting under or next to the trunk, so it doesn't have the same trunk heat issue. With the 650 I can carry frozen stuff home from the supermarket - and it's still frozen stuff when I get home. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
ted clement said:
That's probably true on the 400... The 650 engine is not sitting under or next to the trunk, so it doesn't have the same trunk heat issue. With the 650 I can carry frozen stuff home from the supermarket - and it's still frozen stuff when I get home. :wink:

..........lardy cold ass then :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rules and Regs

ok ok ok... by popular demand, the competition will now include for weight purposes:

- the turkey
- the turkey accessories if you have a shamefully small turkey & need to big-it-up in some way
- the rider
- the bike (to penalize Normanb)
- beer & other alcoholic necessities (to unpenalize Normanb)
- the wife or girlfriend but only if she agrees to reveal her weight

but basically theres gotta be a turkey involved somewhere, or turkey-like essence & it doesn't count if you/your wife looks like a turkey.

For my prize, and I am quietly confident of winning since we have need to summon the piste lard crane should my wife fall over at the skiing... monsieur, monsieur, le crane-del-lard si vous plait, vite vite, pour ma femme, vite... ma femme tombe big-time... anyway, for my prize, I had envisaged a splendid new 05 650 exec unstinting in fine accessories including but not limited to a full Givi luggage set, corbin seat in grade 1 sheepskin, etc. I expect the prize will be generously donated by our kind moderators who would want to recognize all the hard work we posters have put in on their behalf over the year.

By the way, I also claim the general all-up weight prize having carried under the seat 2 x 55lb (25 kg) bags of cement & enough bricks for a small wall. I am imagining all sorts of prizes for this one, but suggestions welcome.

Cheers of the season

Robg

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Norman, I thought Lardy's were prohibited in England as taking up too much road space. Robq probably got away with it by registering it as a "utility vehicle". :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not to get off topic but it is snowing down here in south Texas.
That happens maybe once every 10 or 15 years. And you heard about it first, here at BurgmanUSA :santa:
OK -back to the Turkeys.............

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
ted clement said:
Norman, I thought Lardy's were prohibited in England as taking up too much road space. Robq probably got away with it by registering it as a "utility vehicle". :lol:
I have to admit, and it may be the Christmas spirit (hic), but Lardys are looking a teensy weensy bit less Lardy of late. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts