Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had posted my XM radio installation in the 650 forum but have since "updated" the installation and moved the topic to the appropriate forum.
What's new is the "modularization" of the unit. I got tired of constantly connecting and disconnecting antenna and Bluetooth wiring to stow the unit while away from the Scoot. I discovered that with the newly acquired Nolan N90 helmet with the n-com B1 Bluetooth system, I no longer need the FiiO E6 amplifier. Now, I just HD Velcro'd the BT transmitter to the lower part of the SNAP radio and wound the antenna wire tightly around the stalk of the radio leaving about 14" for the antenna puck rising out the top. It is a simple matter to place the puck on either the left or right brake reservoir cover screw. The magnetic attachment of the puck is very strong and has no chance of falling off. Now it is essentially self contained and a quick tug out of the 12v socket, and a tug of the antenna, and a toss into the trunk...all secure! I covered most lower connectors with electrical tape so it is somewhat water-resistant and I use a nicely fitting zippy bag for a raincoat for the unit.
Bluetooth is awesome...I just connect once during the day and as long as the helmet and radio unit are in proximity, when I get back and restart the radio, the speakers just pick up the broadcast like magic. When the cell phone rings, the radio stops, I touch any button on the side of the helmet to answer. When done, I press the center button(on-off) for a second and the call disconnects and the radio picks up again! How did we live before Bluetooth??
I'm not sure how long the BT batteries last during operation but, I'd bet they'll outlast me on a ride. Standby duration is DAYS.

Ed

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
nice setup, what's the gizmo installed next to the ignition key? is that a cigarette lighter?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's where I plug in the xm radio stalk. I used the blank hole for the "missing" seat heater to install a cigarette lighter socket.
Ed

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like the installation of the 12V outlet. Very nice work.
Does anyone know if there is room for a 12V socket near the ignition switch on an 07 - 400?
Thanks,
Haze

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Very nice compact set up you have there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts