Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My ignition/starter switch is starting to go and I'm looking for a replacement.

TIA

Nan

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you pull the left brake and push the start button or do you pull the right brake and push the start button?
Use the left brake, push the start button. The problem is that the start button doesn't come back to the position it needs to in order for the headlights to work. It did this last year and I cleaned it well, etc. Now it's doing the same thing and though I've done the cleaning, etc. it doesn't work consistently.

Nan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its not the starter switch. Its the brake lever, the left lever on mine. So I started using the right brake lever. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nan,
Try the right brake lever and see if that fixes the problem. I had a similar problem with mine. I took my starter switch apart, cleaned it and still had the same problem until I discovered by using the right lever my problem was solved. It may have been a combination of the starter switch and the brake lever.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it's the brake level but I'll try that when I get home. When the bike is running without headlights if I flick the start switch very very lightly the headlights come on. That seems to indicate t0 me it's the switch. However, I will try your suggestiion.

N

1 - 8 of 8 Posts