Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time finding a clutch for my 2005 Burgman 400 and I don't want to pay dealer price. I believe 2003 to 2006 model years will work. I'd prefer an OEM clutch with very low to low mileage but I'd be open to an aftermarket clutch as long as it's not tuned for high revs before/during engagement.

Please let me know. :)

Thanks,

Steven

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Check
www.buggypartsnw.com
Cheaper than Suzuki parts.
Search around on that site for the
Burgman 400 parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Duster,

Thanks very much for the reply. And so quick too!

I actually phoned BPNW (and seemingly the rest of the world) prior to posting my want ad. Mike at BPNW was very polite and helpful with suggestions but didn't have any parts that could help me out. Unfortunately, BPNW doesn't have any parts at all for Burgman 400 clutches and even new entire Dr. Pulley clutches are out of stock.

Plus, I think I'd rather have a stock clutch. Lol, while the rest of the Burgman world is trying to raise RPM I'm the lone guy out there trying to drop RPMs. I'd like to be able to cruise around town at 30mph at 3000rpm or less with my clutch fully engaged and cruise at 60mph indicated at 4500rpm. If only...

I'm also interested in the following Dr. Pulley clutch springs:

SCH 2037810106-BL Blue 12kg
SCH 2038009106-YL Yellow 16kg
SCH 2036610106-RD Red 20kg
SCH 2238010104-PL Purple 31kg
SCH 2237009104-GD Gold 38kg

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
those clutch springs won’t help you if you don’t have the hit clutch. If you want low rpms. get the sliders. Love mine. I’m at 4,000 rpm at 50. 5,000 at 65. 6000 at 75. getting 75 mpg this way. I installed the 19 gram.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi GK13,

I do have the HiT 251703 clutch. I'm just afraid that even with the weakest springs it will still rev higher than stock. I'm hoping I can compensate with heavy Rollers (20g?). I don't think I want to go with Sliders because one of their main draws is high revs from standstill. I can't stand that. Sounds like all the souped up mopeds that make me crazy. I very much would like to get the Slider high-end rev drop though. It's too bad Dr. Pulley doesn't make a Slider that maintains OEM-RPM starts with the high-end RPM drop. If they made that, I'd be sold forever.

Right now I'm just going crazy with revving at over 5000rpm just to crawl away at a green light and if I want to really engage the clutch so I'm not doing 5000rpm at 10mph I have to hit about 5500-6000rpm for a few seconds. It really feels like I'm on a moped. And that is the exact opposite of why I got a Burgman... :(

What kind of clutch do you have and what's your from-standstill RPM like?

And thanks for the reply. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My from standstill is around 4000 or so if I'm not trying to get off the line fast. Otherwise it's 5,000 and I'm off the line pretty good. I would think that the weakest springs in there would be perfect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. Last night I ordered Dr. Pulley 20g circular Rollers. I really think that for what I'm looking for this will be my best option as long as I get my clutch situation sorted out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have 21 gram dr. pulley rollers, NOT SLIDERS. they have 200 miles on them. if interested, let me know.
thanks,
steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shoots. I wish I knew about your Rollers a day ago... I'll keep these in mind if the 20g proves a little too light.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts