Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I setup a knowledgebase (FAQ) at one point. I never created many articles for it. Writing up 'how to' articles is not my strong point. If you want to look at the format I setup, see :

Burgman Knowledgebase

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Setting up and maintaining a FAQ or knowledgebase can be a lot of work. I've belonged to some motorcycle forums that had them, and you still get lots of people who log on and ask questions without checking the FAQ first, or searching forum content. They can be useful, but they are often overlooked by people using the forum.

I think for the volume of information that we currently have, the "Search" function still works pretty well. If someone was willing to work with Bill though on organizing and moving information into his FAQ database as a Winter project - it would be a nice contribution to the forum.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be willing to help out with maintaining something like a "how to" part of this forum. Possibly we could have people who have documented how they have done things allow there instructions and pictures to be put into this part of the forum. It doesn't have to be the work of just one person, but could be the work of the whole group.
I've never done anything like this, but sure would be willing to have a try at it.
I dont' own a burgman yet..hopefully next spring. So I'm interrested in having a place to goto when I have questions or need to readup /see pics of how things are done.
With the intruder group, I've used there "how to" lonewolf's site many times to learn how to "tweak" my truder. Its like having a custom manual right at your fingertips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts