1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Well you could polish it up and use it for a lazy susan base.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
But all it needs is new gear teeth. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I guess you could use it in a life size "Mouse Trap" game. ( Got to have some years on you to remember that game.) :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It's ebay - so believe it!

It would be a cool part of a metal art sculpture.

The thing I like the best is the guy suggesting it just needs to have the splines redone{gears as he calls them}. Not impossible but very difficult to do and it would require the proper tools. Of coarse I am not sure I would trust that repair. The price is ludicrous! Why do people think old used stuff is worth big bucks?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
It drives the clutch?
He's even got that wrong.
No he got that part right. The primary pulley which is what he is selling drives the belt. The belt drives the secondary pulley. The secondary pulley drives the clutch. That matches what he said except he did not know which pulley was which.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
My guess is anyone who needs one will have one that looks the same. :p

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Pretty much.

I guess if someone had one with scarred pulley faces but a good shaft he could buy this one and assemble a good one using parts from both.

I've never tried taking a primary pulley assemble apart though so don't know how feasible that is. The manual doesn't give you any instructions for doing it because Suzuki does not sell the individual parts.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My guess is anyone who needs one will have one that looks the same. :p
All the ones I've done look better than that one!

I guess if someone had one with scarred pulley faces but a good shaft he could buy this one and assemble a good one using parts from both.

I've never tried taking a primary pulley assemble apart though so don't know how feasible that is. The manual doesn't give you any instructions for doing it because Suzuki does not sell the individual parts.
You could only use the back half and hope the bearings or key ways aren't shot. I was going to put one together from two I took apart but the keys (can't be removed without damage) were shot on the part with good splines and puling some of those snap rings in the adjuster end aren't very fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts