Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much soul searching I've decided I really want a Yellow Burgman 650. Bright Yellow at that. At the present time I'm waiting for the 2005 models to be announced. From what I've gathered there isn't much hope they will come in Yellow this year. Although they did have a red one at the Suzuki Dealers show this summer. Most of my bikes over the past 40 years have been red, even the wifes Miata is red, and so I guess I'm ready for another color. Something very visible. I like the silver, but not too fond of the black or blue. They're ok colors, just not visible enough for me this time.
I would have bought a silver 2004 if there was any left in my part of the country. The dealer has a standing order to call me if he finds a Silver one within 3 states we can go after. But so far, no calls. Oh well!
I've decided this last weekend to wait for the 2005's and see what changes and colors Suzuki chooses.
Another reason I want yellow is my wife. She likes Yellow. So much so, I am building her a custom SUV in Yellow. I am also rebuilding a Yamaha 650 Twin Street Tracker. It and the Trooper are about to go to the paint booth for paint. So why not shoot both bikes and her truck at the same time with the same color?
I know it sounds like my stable will have a lot of Yellow in it. Well, now that I think about it, even my Jocassee Kayack is yellow. Guess I've always been fond of that color. :?:
My cousin s husband owns a paint and body shop in Fort Worth and allways does me a great job at a great price. Especially if I pay him in cash. He likes cash! See, he has an Ex tied to the reported profits of the shop. And besides he's about to go into his slow period. Best time of year to get your stuff painted by a professional. I asked him the other day," If I'm going to buy a new Scooter with lots of plastic body parts what base color would be best for a Yellow Paint job?" "Why I can cover the Silver the best", he says. See, I've show him the Burgman brochures. His wife (my cousin) just bought a new Honda Cruiser, now she's wishing she had a Bergman. She's still having a little trouble with the clutch thing! :lol:
So how goofy does this sound? I take delivery of my new Burgman in a month or so and take it around the block once ..... or twice. Then strip it all down for paint. At least there won't be any scraches to fix first. :D
I may even paint the front stripe Yellow too!
At least I'll get to see the underside while it's all new, clean and shiny!!!!
This also will mean that while it's apart I can add a custom fit radio. I like tunes while I ride. :lol:
Sure would save me a lot of trouble if Yellow was one of the offered colors next year.
My pickups are both white and my off roader is DARK blue. So it won't look too much like a daisey field out there.
I don't know.
Does all that sound crazy?

Curtis J

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Curtis,

I've thought about doing my 650 in Yellow - but I think the Blue looks OK, and I don't really want to spend for a paint job yet. I love yellow bikes - my V-Strom is yellow. I suggested to my wife that a yellow Corvette would look good in the garage next to my V-Strom, but she didn't think that was funny. :?

If you do paint it, we'll want pictures of course... :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Curtis J

There are 4 very good reasons why this is a very good idea.

1. It is your bike.
2. You like yellow.
3. Your cousin's husband owns a paint and body shop in Fort Worth and allways does you a great job at a great price.
4. You will learn more about your bike very quickly!

My only advice, if I may, would be to download the 650 service manual (while you can) to save a bit of head scratching and potential panel damage while you are getting it naked.

There is a thread in the 650 section on downloading the manual. Failing that it is a wise buy anyway.

PS: The Yamaha TMAX (available in Europe) is available in yellow with black trim it looks very stylish (if you like that sort of thing).

Taken from the Tamiya website - cute ( I reckon it would look better with a yellow crash helmet!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea Bill, I saw the Copper Burgman. Thought it was a nice job. That's kinda what got me thinking paint might stick to the plastic body after all.

If the 2005's don't come in yellow, I guess I'll be making mine one as soon as it gets here.

CJ

edit: Wow NormanB that thing looks like it belongs in a Schwarzenegger Movie.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Curtis,

After your cousin paints your bike, get a price on what he'd charge to do another. One shop in VA, another in TX, who wants to find one on the west coast? :sign7: We can have our own network of 'Burgman friendly' paintshops. :D

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Regarding the picture of the Yellow TMAX posted by NormanB:

I like the color, and from what I've read, I'd like riding the machine.

The silver 3/4 helmet and huge sunglasses are all wrong. Poser stuff, and not color coordinated as Norman noted.

The full racing leathers are a bit much. Is Yamaha trying to say something? :p

The entire rider looks dorky. It would look much better with ME on it. :twisted:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
pauljo said:
The silver 3/4 helmet and huge sunglasses are all wrong. Poser stuff, and not color coordinated as Norman noted.

The full racing leathers are a bit much. Is Yamaha trying to say something? :p

The entire rider looks dorky. It would look much better with ME on it. :twisted:
Looks like a promo shot for a knockoff of the movie "Judge Dread" :p

·
Registered
409 Posts
As the Nike commercial says, "just do it". If yellow you want, yellow you should have. I would like to see a photo when done.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
Regarding the picture of the Yellow TMAX posted by NormanB:

Is only a Tamiya model! :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
NormanB said:
Is only a Tamiya model! :wink:
Huh??? :?
Tamiya make scale models, static and remote control.

Their r/c kit is beautifully engineeered.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
NormanB said:
Just figured that out. (Thank goodness for Google.)

You know Norman, you've forced me to lookup more references than any other 5 forum members combined. We need to give you a title like, "Prince of acronyms and obscure references". :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
NormanB said:
Just figured that out. (Thank goodness for Google.)

You know Norman, you've forced me to lookup more references than any other 5 forum members combined. We need to give you a title like, "Prince of acronyms and obscure references". :lol:
Well - that reads POAAOR which does not hum,

How about DOB (Difficult old *******) :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
NormanB said:
How about DOB (Difficult old *******) :wink: :lol:
:sign5:

How about we drop the 'acronyms' part and just make it :

"Prince of obscure references" or "POOR". Wait! That's MY title. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts