1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name : Bill
Height : Tall enuf that I need a taller windshield
Weigh : Talking scales laugh when I step on them
Shape : Great! (Round is a great shape isn't it?)
Ride : 2003 AN400 in blue
Riding since : Today!
Total miles : 42

Want to know anything else? Ask. (However, I may decline to comment on the grounds I may incriminate myself).

Bill

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Allen. Going to see if I can get some sleep, get up early, and ride the day away. Doubt I'll be up for an iron butt award ... might place for a lard butt award though.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Nice surprise, last post I saw you were looking .. Glade you found one .
And now you can ride around with that *B....S.... look on your face. :D

* Bergman Smile.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan,

Had the fever, now have the cure.

---------------------------------------

Randy, no BS (the other kind), got a BG (Big Grin) that doesn't stop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie from Detroit

Bought my Burgman 650 in July '03. It's blue with just over 600 miles. Getting ready to take it in for my maintenance check up. Any advice is welcomed. I've Been riding scooters since I was about 14 yrs old. I've owned Honda Elite 150 and 250's, but the Burgman is in a class all by itself! 8)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: Newbie from Detroit

dmerrit said:
Bought my Burgman 650 in July '03. It's blue with just over 600 miles. Getting ready to take it in for my maintenance check up. Any advice is welcomed. I've Been riding scooters since I was about 14 yrs old. I've owned Honda Elite 150 and 250's, but the Burgman is in a class all by itself! 8)
Hi dmerrit -- Look over in the Burgman 650 section of this forum, and you will find tons of information there on the first service. Tons upon tons :D

You will save plenty of money doing the first service yourself. It is a relatively easy and fun project to do. Here is a link to a message from allwalk with detailed instructions and great pictures as well:

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=959

You will find that in the Burgman 650 section ... Good luck!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you plan on doing the service yourself, keep good records of when the service is done. The service manager that gave me the final walkthru on my Burgman highly suggested I keep very good records if I service the bike myself. He told me a horror story of a guy that had a Suzuki bike that did the service himself, had a major engine failure, and was denied service under warranty because he didn't have records of when the service was performed. Not saying this is adaquate docs, but the service manager said, "Even if it's nothing but keeping your receipts for the oil/filter..."

CYB (Cover Your Butt ... urrrr ... Burgman)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats!

Congratulations Bill! It's soooo easy to put miles on these gorgeous bikes, isn't it? We've had ours since Saturday mid-day and have already logged close to 80 miles on it. Grinning like jacka$$es all the way! :D

Wishing you many, many miles of pure joy,

Bryna

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Byrna,

Got mine home late Saturday about an hour before dark. Have put 187 miles on it so far. I'm putting extra miles into a 'normal' ride just to enjoy the bike. Trip to the store (<2 minutes by car) will probably average a 1/2 hour. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Re: Newbie from Detroit

dmerrit said:
Advice? ADVICE? Go for a ride, man! I had 600 miles by the third day! :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Addin' on the miles

Bill, that's sooo true about the Burgie trips taking longer. Except for on the way to work, my trips have all graced more miles of macadam than trips in my Subaru Forester. I love that car/SUV but compared to the sheer fun of scooting... :roll:

We've had ours since Saturday mid-day and have about 140 miles on it. Lynn's got it today (day off for her) so I'm sure some happy miles will be added before I get home.

I rode it after dark for the first time last night--the headlight provided excellent coverage and the windshield and structure of the Burgie provided against nighttime bug splats into my head and legs. :D

Enjoy!

Bryna

1 - 13 of 13 Posts