in March...what do ya think ? I wonder if we can order the
passenger back rest and have it shipped here (looks better than
the ones offered here IMHO).
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't wait. I have found the brakes to be excellent on the 650.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mike,

Depends on how bad you want one.

If I lived over there and had to decide I would probably go for a second-hand K4 and wait until '06 to get a trade-in on a K5 with ABS.

Back in March '04 I got myself the K4 executive I own now (yes, it's got ABS and the electric mirrors) but I could have easily waited until now in January when the first of the new K5's (with the electrically adjustable windshield, 6th gear or overdrive, immobiliser and white turn signals) are going to be delivered.

BUT: I wanted to ride my Burgy on the spot rather than waiting. I will possibly trade-in in 2007 when there will be plenty of K5's with all the new goodies available.

Wanna ride? Get one! Wanna wait? I could never.........but you decide 8)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Burgeyboy,
You make some good points. I want all the bells and whistles
(whether they're ever used or not). It's frustrating to wait.
Wonder why Suzuki wouldn't offer the best for sale here as
well, instead of "day old bread." Love mine warm and just
out of the over!

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Mike,

I'd go ahead and get the 2005 when it come out. There's not been an announcement by Suzuki that the Executive will even be released in the USA. They may surpise us and realese it like they did with the 400 Type S ... but I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Prediction

billmeek said:
Mike,

I'd go ahead and get the 2005 when it come out. There's not been an announcement by Suzuki that the Executive will even be released in the USA. They may surpise us and realese it like they did with the 400 Type S ... but I wouldn't count on it.
I don't exacly why but I think they will come out with a AN250 in the USA before too long.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I'd get the '05. Why wait a year for something that might not even be imported to the USA in '06. What do ya do then - wait for '07?
I'd like to have the ABS but to me it's not worth the wait, especially since there's no indication when the Executive may be imported. You will miss a lot of great fun and adventures if ya wait.
Don

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just traded my '03 Honda Silver Wing on a new '04 Burgman 650. I love riding it. If you keep waiting, you are going to miss out on alot of great riding now. There isn't any guarantee that the Executive model will be available here soon or the near future. As you know, once you buy something, each year there are improvements. It's never ending. Enjoy the moment!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey aren't we all like a bunch of kids....we need it now!! I wouldn't wait for something that may not even come. You'll be one year older and have one year of lost enjoyment. Bsides, all the ABS is good for is stopping and what hell to you want to be doing that for anyway. Get on the **** thing and ride it forward that don't look back.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Buy the '05! By the time you are ready to trade up, there will be more improvements than just ABS. Right now they are dribbling small improvements at us each year. At some point within the next few years there should be a major new model release I'd think. And I agree with the folks who point out that you are missing out on a lot of fun while waiting.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have to agree, get the 05. next year IF the 06 has ABS and IF you still want it
sell the 05 and but a new one, you will not loose as much as you may think. 8)
I wonder how much extra Suzuki will charge for ABS here in the states. :(

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy said:
I wonder how much extra Suzuki will charge for ABS here in the states. :(
Honda is asking $500 more for the '05 Silverwing with ABS. However, Suzuki has been packaging ABS with some additional trim, and an electronically adjustable windshield, on the Executive - so the price difference will likely be more. At this point in time, they don't offer a standard 650 with just ABS as an option.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Mike, here is a idea, buy a used 650 and see "if" they bring out an ABS model in the future. By buying a used one, you can avoid the original purchase depreciation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sure buying used is an option. Problem is I have never even seen
a burgman execpt in photos and online. The dealor doesn't have
any. Scooters just aren't around here (at least when I come down
out of my tree). Besides, buying used would require cash (you know
the stuff you guys have with self descipline), me, I will need to
finance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
At some point Suzuki is going to put out some scoots with major changes or a new high-end model. I hope that people in North America will be given the opportunity to purchase the best that Suzuki has to offer and stead of being treated like second-class citizens. If Suzuki isn’t inclined to make some major improvements to the 400 & 650 the competition will swallow them up. Suzuki should understand that brand loyalty has its limits and those limits have been reduced significantly in the last decade. The manufacturer with the best product and a competitive price will rule.

I am willing to wait and see what Suzuki has to offer in their 2006 models and make a choice at that point. For the time being I will continue to enjoy my 400. :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mike, here is a idea, buy a used 650 and see "if" they bring out an ABS model in the future. By buying a used one, you can avoid the original purchase depreciation.
That's what I did several months ago. Now I am thoroughly enjoying my used Burgman. If the 2005's are really worth the upgrade, I may trade up in the Spring, otherwise I can afford to wait a year or two as I am already riding this best bike I have ever owned. 8)

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush! :headbang:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts