Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use startron every time for ethanol. Yes Seafoam but also Chevron complete fuel treatment works great, Lucus also. Shell Premium has extra cleaners and friends think it is best gas to help improve mileage. I switched over to K&N filter after installing 2 1/2" Supertrapp muffler (no longer made). After bike wants to go not put put in a school zone. (Last warning ticket I was doing 20MPH+ over in school zone, I was slowing down)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good day all,
I always reset my trip odometer at every fillup. I usually monitor the gas gage bars, and when the last one is flashing I will monitor the trip odometer to determine approx how many KM I have left to go. (even though I do this I still managed to run out once) Can I ask everyone here, approxmetely how many miles, kilometers everyone gets at the fill up. I know it will vary somewhat as we all don't wait to fill up at the same point but we will be able to compare a bit. If I remember correctly I think I get approx. 280KM at fill up.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
If I remember correctly I think I get approx. 210KM at fill up.
210k at fill up seems exceptionally low for a B650.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Agree with @DarisPakar .
The mpg (for me) varies with the temp more than anything IMO... as long as no maintenance issues.
In the nice warm summer months I usually can go over 200 miles before I need to fill up (almost 322 km).
I found that when the last bar is solid but the tank symbol flashes I can go between 50-60 miles (80-96 km) before I HAVE to stop to refill the tank.
About half that when the last bar starts to flash. Only once did I come even close to running out and that was when I had already traveled 27 miles after the last bar started flashing. I added 3.81 gallons that time in a 3.9 gallon tank capacity. To be honest I usually don't go more than a few miles when that last bar flashes. In warm months I usually fill up just after that and put in 2.4-2.7 gallons. When I travel I usually plan to go 170 miles between fill ups, sometimes up to 195 miles.

This last week the temps have been around 70-75 most days and I've been riding the 46 mile round trip to my son's house to work on finishing his basement. The mpg meter shows a steady 57 mpg in the last 280 miles of this. That meter is always low by a few so until I get around to calculating a more accurate reading I am guessing I am getting around 61-62 mpg average.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
i get zero miles after just that last bar! cuz i'm fillin up immediately, even if i hafta "borrow " some from drunkneighbors car! that bike's too heavy to push up these Florida hills, my elevation 125' nearest gas station 6 miles elevation 125' 2" uphill all the way

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
- UPDATE -

Seems that i'm back at 19~20km/l. I have two variables "dancing": tire pressure and air filter. I'm keeping tire pressure under control and I'll wait the next fill-up (as a confirmation of the last one, even if i rode in mountains with the current fuel) and then i'll install the new filter again and see.

almost 322 km
i still wonder how this can be (i'm really envy, LOL)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Fill-up ate 13.20 liters, trip A was at 273.5km: so my math gives me a very good 20.7km/l * (trip A says 19, for whatever reason). Very happy about this!
Time to put the new air filter in again, and see how it goes: bad mileage is either him or tire pressure.

* 48.7Mpg, or about 0.3 Cheesburgers per banana ;)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts