Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the UK having just purchased a low mileage 2000 AN250 X. I'm wondering what the possibilty is of a second hand workshop manual. Have tried Haynes and Clyma but nothing appears to have been published. Any other ideas??(Expect the full Suzuki publication to be exhorbitant, not checked yet though)

So far no real problems with the machine but the miles will be climbing with the better weather and I'd like to be able to check out things correctly, especially the steering head, feel a bit of movement when on the road.
We don't have smooth boulevards here, only potholes and sleeping policemen, and retarmac'd roadworks which are just on your driving line and they are in profusion. So steering and suspension of a high priority.

Other motor a Kawa 454 LTD circa 1982 an early grey import, a bit of a beast in town.

Best regards Bob W.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Bob and welcome to the forum. I'm afraid your only option to a manual is to get the Suzuki Workshop manual. I have one for the 650 and it is really quite good and easy to follow. I'm assuming the 250 would be layed out in the same manner. Good Luck in your pursuit.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bob,
At around $35 US, I found the price of the manual to be quite reasonable. I doubt, however, if I would be able to get the 250 manual, since it's not sold here.
The best,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Wasions, thanks for your reply, reckon I will have to visit our nearest Suzuki dealer and see what's what.
If its costing you $35, the same will probably be in the region of $47 over here. For some reason we always seem to pay half as much again for paper goods, compared to your cost, and should I think of importing we get done for import tax plus carriage so it kills any advantage.
Thanks once again, best regards Bob W.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bob

I just bought a used manual for a 400 Burgman from ebay for a tenner!

Try contacting this supplier direct:

Abbey Motorcycles
12 Glenbar Ave
Leicester
LE4 0AE

Tel (0116) 251 1919
Fax: (0116) 222 9565

There is no email or website but I could give you his ebay contact details if you wish.

The manual I received was genuine and complete - all I need now is a Burgman to go with it :wink:

NormanB

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Valve Clearances on the 400?

Norman, would you check your manual for the clearances on the 400. One of your countrymen was nice enough to give me instructions on doing it but gave the clearances from memory as: 0.10mm intake, 0.20 exh.
Is that what the manual lists?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Ted

The manual I have is for a 1999 AN400 - so cautionary note applies.

Valve clearances as follows (to be checked every 12,000 miles):
Inlet = 0.08 - 0.13mm (or 3 to 5 thou' in English money!)
Exhst = 0.17 - 0.22mm (7 to 9 thou).

Hope this is helpful.

NormanB

·
Registered
793 Posts
After removing an AN400's engine cover, the tappet clearances are on a
silver specification label that is affixed onto the left side frame tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts