Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received a 650 Workshop Manual from: http://www.sell.com/selling/cholocholo41/ in the USA. It is as-new condition - infact it looks like a genuine Suzuki product and covers all models from K3 to K9 and 10,11 and 12. The illustrations and text are very clear and the whole thing weighs 9lbs. All the wiring diagrams are in a separate neat folder. I have no connection with this seller but would recommend him anytime. Excellent! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I ordered one & found it to be very complete. Only problem is the binding of the pages leaves a little bit to be desired. :roll: I will redo them so should last me awhile. :wink:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Does it include wiring diagrams for the European and UK versions?

The giveaways are the SAICS immobilizer and the front position lights.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
ErikDK said:
Does it include wiring diagrams for the European and UK versions?

The giveaways are the SAICS immobilizer and the front position lights.
I know the one I got has the SAICS immobilizer, don't remember on the position lights. Mine covered '03-'09 but only had wiring diagrams up to '08.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ErikDK said:
Does it include wiring diagrams for the European and UK versions? The giveaways are the SAICS immobilizer and the front position lights.
The separate wiring diagrams for the 05 model covers: UK, EU, Canada, Australia, USA and USA + california. The front position lights and the immobilisor are on the UK and EU diagrams. it even includes diagrams of the dip and main headlamp relays used on the 2012 models. With regard to the binding: it consists of two plastic side pieces connected through holes in the books' spine by 11 plastic rods which IMO need a spot of plastic glue to prevent them from accidentally becoming unplugged. I think the book is first class and I would recommend it to all. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's a scan of the headlight relay set-up.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I forgot to show where Suzuki mounted the two relays for the headlight on the 2012 model - it is on the leg shield brace as shown. BTW I have solved the book-binding (very small) problem by applying a little touch of the soldering iron - simply press down with a wide screwdriver and lightly melt the top of each plastic pin where it protrudes through. :D [attachment=0:2yexbwls]Position of headlight relays A.jpg[/attachment:2yexbwls]

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I looked at mine this morning and it only includes US models up to '07 in mine. If peelbrow's includes UK ones I'd say the seller is doing print on demand for the country your in and is shipped to. I have a PDF one that has all the diagrams for all markets to '11. I wonder if you can specify when you order you want a worldwide version.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MJR - I e-mailed the New York seller before I ordered asking him to double-check that the manual I was to receive included my 2006 EU Executive model and I am very happy with what he sent me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
peelbrow said:
I have solved the book-binding (very small) problem by applying a little touch of the soldering iron - simply press down with a wide screwdriver and lightly melt the top of each plastic pin where it protrudes through.
The soldering method doesn't work.The binding is crap as someone has mentioned. I shall email the sender about it. Now I will have to try something else - maybe a ring type of binder. But nevertheless, the manual itself is well worth it. :D

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
peelbrow said:
The soldering method doesn't work.The binding is crap as someone has mentioned. I shall email the sender about it.
I haven't had an issue with the binding on mine, but them again maybe I will now that I said something. :roll:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MJR said:
peelbrow said:
The soldering method doesn't work.The binding is crap as someone has mentioned. I shall email the sender about it.
I haven't had an issue with the binding on mine, but them again maybe I will now that I said something. :roll:
i have now solved this problem with three 2mm-diam by 35mm-long bolts - one at each end and one central. All is fine now. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts