Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up my new silver 650 Burger in about 2 hrs. :D Dealer said everything is ready to go. Unfortunately the forcast calls for snow tomorrow turning to rain and rain on Sunday :sad1:. Guess Ill just have to fondle :3some: the bodywork in the garage this weekend but next week looks really promising. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will pick up mine by Tuesday (April 5th) at "Moto International" in Montreal.

Silver Burgman 650 K5 with foot peg for my wife (342,54 $ to expensive but...) and the passenger's back rest.

I bought it on January... Never saw one before, never try it, never here the sound of it.

I make my decision just with the reading of this forum for many months and an article that I kept from "La Presse" newspaper.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Snowride said:
Guess Ill just have to fondle :3some: the bodywork in the garage
Ten out of ten for excellent use of emoticons! Warning, don't attempt to drink beverages while reading this post. :D

Hope by the time you've read this, you've got a huge grin in your helmet!

Simon

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Congrats on the new 650s! Warmer weather is coming! I noticed that the local Home Depot store has set up a huge display of fans and air conditioners. That's a good sign I'd say. :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uber cool ride from the dealership to my place but only put on about 30K. Man is this thing dangerous, speed is not felt at all and I found myself doing 58k in a 30 zone. Guess I better watch the speedo a little closer until I get used to her. Overall impressions, extremely quiet, very easy to ride, so so smooth when taking off from a standstill. I was a little worried about all the talk of poor suspension but found it more than adequate and was pleasantly surprised. Yes I did have a major grin all the way home. :D

PS Romain, maybe we can get together for a small ride as I live just a few clicks from you in Blainville. I purchased mine a NorSport in St. Jerome. I knoe these people very well because of my addiction to Quads and there service and mechanics are arguably the best in the Montreal region. Heck they even had me stand beside my new ride and smile for a pic, did'nt know why but as I was leaving she handed me a framed pic of me a my new baby with the signayures of all the staff. :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
SIGN me UP!!!!!! :D

Just hadda HUGE gully-washer fly thru the panhandle yesterday and today - today was particularly BAD - but I like freaky-scary weather. Boobad stuff. We were actually CAPTIVES on base today!!! BOTH entrances were flooded and NO personnel could leave!

They were "working on" a "Contingency Plan" - which means they didn't know what the hell they were gonna do! :twisted: Man - I love CaRazy Florida weather!!!

Anywhoooo..... - Man - a Brand New scooter at the breaking of spring!!!

How cool is THAT! I bought mine in OCTOBER! UCK!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to mention filling her up at the gas station. $8 and she was full, the gauge read 2 bars before fueling. Major difference compared to filling my Murano this morning @ $67. :shock: Boy oh boy will this be fun come boating season, my tank holds 760 liters. :shock:

I kinda froze my acorns off since it was fairly cool @ 3C but enjoyed the ride none the less. Awesome total package, love it so far.

·
Registered
367 Posts
"I found myself doing 58k in a 30 zone. Guess I better watch the speedo a little closer until I get used to her."

I think that you will always have to watch that! I found myself doing 140k and thought I was only doing 90!

Congradulation!!! just so you know, that **** eating grin is going to last for years :D !

It is a great piece of technology.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Snowride said:
Heck they even had me stand beside my new ride and smile for a pic, did'nt know why but as I was leaving she handed me a framed pic of me a my new baby with the signayures of all the staff. :shock:
Now, that is what I call customer service! :D

Congratulations on your new bike. The good weather will eventually work it's way to you and winter will be a faint memory.

Ride on! 8)

·
Registered
553 Posts
pauljo said:
Congrats on the new 650s! Warmer weather is coming! I noticed that the local Home Depot store has set up a huge display of fans and air conditioners. That's a good sign I'd say. :wink:
Yea Paul, you might get to take your "400" and go for a long ride before long. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Congrats snowride! :D
At least you have yours already.

I'm still dreaming here. :cry:

Put a chair out in the garage and spend some quality time with it. :lol:

Polish it, photograph it, read the manual, lots of things you can do with it.
Check the oil, check the tire pressure, etc.
You've got it, it's yours!

It WILL get warmer, and drier.

Big wet "snain" flakes falling here today. :cry:

·
Registered
68 Posts
snoride

Congrats on the new Ride I am sure you will have a hard time waiting for the sno to finally melt and the streets to dry ,Although the weather is starting to warm here in NB we are getiing a lot of rain as is normal for this time of year, What are the footrests that your friend has ordered for his 650? I have not seen these listed as an accessory.May be interested for my better half.Ride safe/RW

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw the footrests in the Suzuki accessory catolag when at the dealer. Basically a block which increases the passenger foot rest height by about 2". Looked really neat in the pic I saw.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Snowride, let us know about the passenger footrests risers. I was under the impression they were a "Japan only" item. Maybe, we will be able to get them in North America now?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definately availble here as I am looking at the page as I type!! In the Canadian general motercycle brochure, pg 46, there is a small section where they show Burgman accessories. Part# 43600-10830 would be the passenger foot rest risers. :wink: They only have a few accessories listed which are Front chrome fairing cover, Passenger foot rest risers, passenger backrest, rear luggae rack, set of 4 bungee cord pegs for passenger grips.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I have seen that snowrider, in my brochure also.

Keeping it in mind in case my wife needs them.

Can you tell me how much they are and how they attach to the scoot?

She is short, so it might become a needed option. :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the foot peg for my wife. It will be install by tuesday, when I will take my Burgman 650 K5 for the first time.

In Montreal, they charge me: 342,54$ CAN$ for the part (43600-10830, passenher foot rest) plus 75,00$ for the installation.

The 75$ is for the foot peg and the passenger back rest installation.

Ciao !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In St Jerome, all accessories bought at the dealer are installed for free. :wink: Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday will be great for riding. Big fat sunshine for both days and around 10C. :D Sounds fairly expensive for a couple of risers don't it?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Snowride said:
...Sounds fairly expensive for a couple of risers don't it?
$342.54! For a couple of plastic boxes with some non-skid!?!

Sounds like an opportunity is knocking for some entrepreneur with a little marketing expertise and a little after-market-engineering/production know-how.

·
Registered
14 Posts
At Moto International, They give 15% discount on the said foot peg... That means the regular price is over 400$...

I know it is expensive, but I realy need it, my wife is only 5 feet height.

I will tell you this tuesday what it looks like !

I pay 9 800CAN$ for the Burgman, I think that is a good price.

Excuse my english, I am not so good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts