Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! Got my brand-new (0 miles) '03 650 delivered to my door last week (A and N Extreme on EBAY) and WHAT A THRILL! I'm a forty-sumthun commuter living where 'rush hour' is about twelve, licenses can be purchased in ethnic markets, and the new driving position is left-hand at 10 o'clock - right hand firmly holding cell-phone to ear. My only motorized two-wheel experience was a year sentence on a Puch moped (top-speed 35 downhill) about ten years ago and I was figuring about two weeks doing laps in the neighborhood before feeling secure enough to take it out.
Well, on day two I drove to the DMV to pass my test. Day four and 250 miles behind me I packed it up and took it for it's entended use - my 60 mile commute from Spotsylvania to Fairfax, VA up I-95!! I've quickly reached the 500 mile, under 4000rpm break-in period (which, BTW, cruising comfortably at 65 mph keeps you just at 4000) and am looking forward to passing the trucks instead of the other way around.
My point is, if you are thinking of adding 'Burgman Owner' to your resume and the thought of trading four wheels for two makes you nervous, be assured that the ease, sturdiness, balance, and comfort of this 'Scooter on Steriods' quickly alleviated my own apprehensions. My long-time M-class licensed co-worker, however, could not seem to get past the fact that the clutch was now a rear-break, but for newbies like me it's natural. I guess moped training paid off. Anyway, love the site... helped with my final push to the Burgman. Any other VA riders want to get together for Skyline Drive weekends, e-mail me. vroom!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
After many years of riding I had no trouble getting use to the left hand brake. Only tried three times to throw my self over the handlebars before I got use to it. :oops:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy said:
After many years of riding I had no trouble getting use to the left hand brake. Only tried three times to throw my self over the handlebars before I got use to it.
Yep. I still have to concentrate for the first couple of miles when I switch between the motorcycle and the scooter. But it isn't always the brake/clutch thing. I'm so used to the scooter. I'll get on the V-Strom, start it up (in neutral), adjust my helmet faceshield, look both ways, and twist the throttle. Vrooom! But I go nowhere... :(

Twist and go is addictive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts