Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to see if the in laws would babysit one day this 3 day weekend and head up to the Pickett House. If it pans out, would anyone be interested in meeting up? I can't say for sure until I see what the weekend holds-rain, babysitter, etc. But would be nice to meet some people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Saturday is a fund raising benefit for a kid who got very badly burned (is down in galveston burn clinic atm) and we will probably go to that, it's from noon to 6pm in Kirbyville, Tx. (by the duck pond) and the "cop stunt riders" will be there (forgive me if the name isn't perfect) as well as a bunch of show (race) cars. but I do live pretty close to Woodville and I'm never opposed to a nice ride! In fact... I could really use running by the indian smoke shop down 190. Of course, I can do that another time as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like rain for the weekend here. finally, my yard is a dust bowl.
3 weeks without rain, always starts heading this way when I make plans
maybe another time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Yes, I show it as 30% chance Friday and Sunday, 70% on Saturday...
wait a second... just looked again and they have downgraded the weather somewhat.
Now it's 30% fri (w/isolated thunderstorms), 40% saturday (w/scattered thunderstorms) and 40% Sunday (w/scattered thunderstorms) & Monday is 30% (w/scattered thunderstorms). it went from thunderstorms to scattered. I may just get some riding in this weekend after all! :)
Definately a play it by ear weekend though. Can't make firm plans for a specific time without going outside and checking it out real good first.
I'll probably make my cig run to the indian store Saturday morning unless it looks like it may dump.
Hopefully it will be clear enough for the burn victim benefit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ours hasn't changed yet. guess i live too close to houston to get an accurate forecast. If we head up that direction, I'll leave a post for you. That or we'll be on the lookout for you riding around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Okies! :)
190 is a fun road over the mountains thru indian territory there.
Glance over at the shell station as you wander by (that's where the smoke shop is).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
I went to the smoke shop today so don't bother looking at the shell station! :)
It's a nice 45 mile ride each way so made for a fun run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Riding in Woodville?

I have no idea where that is being from Dallas but schedule something another weekend and PM me. Me and the wife are heading to Austin this weekend.
The plan was to ride a route around Washington Co. but weather doesn't seem to like that idea.
We shall see, we might just drive down to see my sister.

Me and a buddy have 650's but his schedule is sporadic so you never know if he is riding or not.

Have a good weekend rain or shine,
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Woodville is about 260 miles southeast of Dallas. If you took 175 then 69 past Lufkin you'd end up in Woodville. Of course, you could take 45 towards Houston and head east on 190 around Huntsville, too.
It's 4-5 hours so a bit more than most would want to do twice in one day.
Not a bad ride though. I've caged up to Irvine several times on that route for some technical classes. Woodville is a pretty little town in piney woods area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe a central location would be better. I just wanted to go to the pickett house for all you can eat chicken. :wink:

raining here today. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Went to Pickett House today. They are remodelling and are in the "Best Resturant" which is about 50 yards further downhill right on 190. Not sure what their hours were before but they are open 11-2 Monday-Friday, 11-6 or 8 on Saturday and something to 6 on Sunday. They said they should be having their grand reopening around autumn festival time this year back in their house next to the museum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Pickett House

Oh, I should have mentioned their meal (for any who might find themselves on 190 entering Woodville, TX - they are just on the downgrade heading east into town on your left). They have a very nice home-style all you can eat chicken dinner served up with lima beans, greens (mustard and collard), rolls and cornbread (with honey and molasses at your table), dumplings (noodle kind variety), mashed potatos and, of course, chicken. As well as all you can drink tea or lemonade (or sodas for a buck each).
Adults are $9.99 (+ tax) with reduced prices for 6-11 and 1-5.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top