Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see where there are multiple entries for wood dash kits for the 650 burgman, but every link someone posts for wood dash kits, even if someone asked about the 400, ALWAYS lead to a 650 kit. Does anyone know if there really is such a thing for the 400? A google search has lead in multiple circles, always going back to kits for the 650.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I've seem several sellers of wood-grain kits for he 650...
never have seen a kit for a 400.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It isn't hard but it does take some practice and patience. To make it wrap around corners and such you have to heat and flex and then heat and flex until it is right. The best woodgrain wraps are the Di-Noc from 3M. They not only look good but some have a woodgrain texture too. Of coarse since the plastic parts already have a texture they really need to be sanded smooth.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It isn't hard but it does take some practice and patience. To make it wrap around corners and such you have to heat and flex and then heat and flex until it is right. The best woodgrain wraps are the Di-Noc from 3M. They not only look good but some have a woodgrain texture too. Of coarse since the plastic parts already have a texture they really need to be sanded smooth.

I personally don't like the look of wood on a bike but I have done some carbon fiber parts. I am going to do some wood wrap on a cabinet that I am working on. Much cheaper to use vinyl wrap bird's eye maple than the real thing.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
My 2011 AN400 came standard with a plastic wood dash panel here in Canada. Suzuki must make them, and they should be available from a dealer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2011 AN400 came standard with a plastic wood dash panel here in Canada. Suzuki must make them, and they should be available from a dealer
I checked suzuki dealers, nobody has heard of them and no aftermarket one's either. If you find any, please post it here. I've run out of places to look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is such a thing... mine came that way from the dealer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
There is such a thing... mine came that way from the dealer!
Then why don't the dealers know anything about it? Check with your dealer and find out more information (where he got it, price, part number) in order to help out other burgman 400 owners. Just saying it came that way from the dealer doesn't help at all because we don't know what the dealer had to do to get that. Was it new when you purchased it? If we keep working on this the rest of us might find out where to get the wood grain. So far only you and one in Canada claims to have purchased it with woodgrain, but neither said if it was a new bike or a used one (if it was new then your dealer would know the part number for purchasing it). If you guys bought your bikes new, then contact your dealer and track down a manufacturer (Suzuki or some other outlet?) and part number.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
The wood effect dash was fitted to the AN400ZA limited edition (like mine) - K9 and L1

It is a standard Suzuki part but I don't think you got the ZA's in the U.S. and that is probably why nobody has heard of them

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm in the US and my 400 Burgman has the wood grain effect dash. It's a 2011 AN400AL1. I bought it used, but I have a Suzuki Burgman dealership close by that I deal with. I'll see what I can find out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have a plastic wood grain dash on my 2011. I'm fairly sure the first owner didn't change anything on the bike so there must be a part # for it. Try bikebandit.com.:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally! Wow...good thing I like a challenge. Here's the deal. The Custom Trim Kit (wood grain dash) came from the Suzuki Factory for the 650, but if you wanted it on the 400, Suzuki sold it as an after market accesory. The reason that it has been so hard to find is because it has been discontinued. However...according to my dealer, you can check with other dealers and someone may have it in their inventory, but it's the luck of the draw. It was called the Custom Trim Kit for the 400 and the item number was 99950-70452. I guess it would be considered NOS now (New Old Stock). That's the best that I could do. My dealer didn't have one and he didn't have the link up to all other Suzuki Dealers. If you find a dealership that has the link up, you may just luck out and find it. Good luck too you and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just asked the same question about a dash kit for my 650 Burgman. It seems those wood finish kits were popular a few years ago, but not so much recently. Do a Google or eBay search for "burlwood" dash kits. Dunno if that will help you, but it might lead to something!

If my own search leads to something that might suit you, I'll post a response...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see where there are multiple entries for wood dash kits for the 650 burgman, but every link someone posts for wood dash kits, even if someone asked about the 400, ALWAYS lead to a 650 kit. Does anyone know if there really is such a thing for the 400? A google search has lead in multiple circles, always going back to kits for the 650.
I WISH I COULD FIND THE BURLWOOD DASH KIT FOR MY 2013 BURGMAN 650 ...I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE !

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
I always thought they looked distinguished that and a bud vase would be top notch....but I got me a Plastic Jesus for my dash and now I don’t worry :

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Every so often a kit comes on Ebay. It has been discontuned for about 10 years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts