Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 400 burg. 4000 miles on scooter, sat for 3 weeks. Turns over but wont fire up. Any tips? I had a fuel additive (star tron) in tank. I'm stumped. Should I use a squirt of starting fluid? Never did this before. And yes there is gas in the tank.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I turn on the ignition, listen for the fuel pump
to 'prime' the system.....you can hear it slow
down & almost stall, then, holding the throttle
slightly open, push the starter button.
If this is the procedure that you use, then the
only suggestion I have, is to hold the throttle
open a bit more.:confused:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Try Adding some Power to the Battery!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My 97 Shadow 1100 would crank and crank but not fire. If the battery was weak, it seemed that it wouldn't fire the electronic ignition. No kidding.
I wonder if these B400 function similarly. I bought mine used in July 2012 with a new battery, and I keep it on a trickle charger, so far no problems, so I don't have any other insight :violent1: other than are you sure it's getting fuel? Check the spark, pull the plug and ground it, then crank it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
and I wouldn't try starting fluid before making sure that there's spark and air and fuel.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Check the Connections on the Fuel Injector, by tapping the plug!!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Learned something today. Have to have a good charge in battery. After charging it up it fired right off. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2007 400 burg. 4000 miles on scooter, sat for 3 weeks. Turns over but wont fire up. Any tips? I had a fuel additive (star tron) in tank. I'm stumped. Should I use a squirt of starting fluid? Never did this before. And yes there is gas in the tank.

Charged Battery up & fired right off. Lesson learned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts