Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help my burgman seems to run a bit lumpy and when you stop it it will not start you have to leave it for 20 mins then it's all good

·
Registered
255 Posts
Need more info Andy to give you an answer, what is it a 400 or 650, how many miles, year model etc.

Greg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like you have a carburetor that is in need of a cleaning, that ought to get rid of the lumpiness. As far as having to wait to get it restarted is sounds like a slight vapor lock issue ( this is where in the fueling system it get hot enough to vaporize the fuel in the fuel feed system) the vapor locking may be occurring because the carburetor is gummed up and causing a lean fueling condition therefore causing the engine to run hotter than normal. Please realize Andy this is my best guess and there may be other issues that are occurring because the bike sat for so long.
Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right I have taken carb off striped and cleaned blown out all jets and re fitted new plug and air filter but still miss firing and holding back especially when you snatch the throttle to pull away quick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts