Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk of how hot is too hot will be a thing of the past for me next year. I have passed up way too many rides because the weatherman forecasted mid to high 90's or above. It just aint no fun trying to have a good time when you are riding through a blast furnace. Sure, my wet vest helps but only for a while and you have to keep re-wetting it for it to work well. Plus that clammy feeling gets old after a while.

Next year, I have decided to reward myself with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WwbtrV7RGA

And I mean, why not? I have a heated jacket and grips already to keep me warm on cold days, why not a chilled jacket to keep my cool on hot days? Plus I can swap it from one bike to another as easy as pie. I like that.

I have been retired now for over three years and I am tired of passing up rides because it is too darn hot to venture out. The summers are short enough as it is here in Idaho and I have decided that never again will there be a day that I have to leave my bike parked and stay in the A/C all day.

What do you guys think? Anyone interested in checking out a group buy?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a good buddy who has this who rides a GL 1800. He loves his and is setup for passenger too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a good buddy who has this who rides a GL 1800. He loves his and is setup for passenger too.
My wife is not into motorcycle riding. She has but there are things that she would rather be doing. And that's OK because to tell you the truth I have never felt all that comfortable with someone on the back of my bike. Having a cooler back there pumping cold water though my jacket, well that's a different story right there.

The only problem that I can see with getting one is my buddies that don't want to ride now when it gets really hot will still be staying home unless they get one too. But oh well, that's their loss. I have a lot more years of motorcycle/scooter riding behind me than I have in front of me and I want to make the ones that I have left as enjoyable as possible. And who wouldn't?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts