Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Kisan running brake light option . works great .. Installed Martin Manuf driving lights work great .. turn them on at the same time and the one indicator that's turned on flashs slower than usual.. The other side indicator also blinks very faintly . Shut the driving lights off and indicators work swell...Even have a hard time turning off the indicators when the lights are on ...

maybe pulling to much power anybody have ideas .
PS both devices r wired totally separated...

jeff

·
Registered
426 Posts
Maybe drawing to much... answer=relay...
Had the same issue with some new Xenon H8 55w HIDs I fitted to a CF650TR with dual headlights. When both lights were switched on horn would eventually die out. Inside China horn use is a mandatory survival device! Swapped out the LHS H8 55w HID and ballast for a H8 35w HID and ballast, and the issues concerning horn non-functioning have been cured, the alternative would have been fitting relays.

Bikerdocs-650TR-review
Bikerdocs-650TR-HID headlight upgrade

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the only thing I can think of , but somewhere is a post on max draw and it falls within those parameters mmmmm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if I replaced turn signals with led or just try to find some lower watt lights to fit in the housing of the Martin Fabrication driving lights ..which by the way do come with a relay ...

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
How did you wire the driving lights in. Did you run dedicated wiring for them or did you wire them to an existing circuit.

If you wired them to an existing circuit and it is the same one the turn signals are on I would suggest you change that. That particular circuit is already loaded pretty high. It powers a lot of fairly critical stuff on the bike. If you blow the fuse on it the bike will not run.

Best way to do it is to run dedicated wires from the battery through a relay to the lights. Then power the relay from an existing circuit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou and u r correct ..however the driving lights r on their own harness wired back to battrey thats what is sooo perplexing . The only thing wired to the indicators is my Kisan minder which gets its power from front fuse bos and work fine as do the driving lights unless theyre on together mmm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS
The harness has its own rleay and fuse box.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well , there is one thing and that is the grounds for the Kisan Gps and driving lights r on the same screw under the yoke , but that shouldnt make any difference...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Run a dedicated earth back to the battery.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Run a dedicated earth back to the battery.
+1

The frame on the 650 is not a reliable ground. If you look at the wiring diagram you will see that Suzuki does not use it for a ground on any of the OEM circuits. That should tell you something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Helloooo thankyou all for the advice as usual learning process ...

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
You can not common up grounds ether. I would run a new 12 or better yet 10 Gauge ground wire to the battery.

Improper or missing grounds are the cause of the car in front of you that has one rear light out till they step on the brakes, then that one gets brighter but a different one goes dimmer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts