Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
TP. I would think is Throttle Position.
WT I haven't a clue, but take your pick from Vehicle speed, Crank Position, CVT, Drive pully, engine revs,air intake,02 etc.
Someone on here will know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
TP. I would think is Throttle Position.
WT I haven't a clue, but take your pick from Vehicle speed, Crank Position, CVT, Drive pully, engine revs,air intake,02 etc.
Someone on here will know.
But, what has the trottle position with the ignition to do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ahh, I see what you mean now, it has to be related to ignition circuit. OK I think the Burgman has some sort of tip sensor so if it falls over the engine cuts out, that could be one of them. I wonder if the other is the input to let it know you have a brake applied, that would stop it.

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
TP = Tip over. This will cut off the ignition. It can be reset if it sticks after a lay over. You need to put the bike on center stand and tap the TP sensor lightly so the swinging inertia lever inside rotates back down.

WT= Water Temp. When the water in the engine is cold it may have the CPU cut timing back and richen up the fuel injector pulse width.

Reactions: Sangris

·
Registered
97 Posts
TP = Tip over. This will cut off the ignition. It can be reset if it sticks after a lay over. You need to put the bike on center stand and tap the TP sensor lightly so the swinging inertia lever inside rotates back down.

WT= Water Temp. When the water in the engine is cold it may have the CPU cut timing back and richen up the fuel injector pulse width.
Dave_J, can you tell me where this TP-sensor is located? And thanks for the information of the WT-sensor

·
Registered
116 Posts
OK Dave but why would the WT input give no spark, as per Sangris diagram it implies that all these have an input on the ignition circuit.

Sangris where did you find that drawing?

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
Dave_J, can you tell me where this TP-sensor is located? And thanks for the information of the WT-sensor
On my 2008 it is up front under the ECM under the handle bar cover. I will take a picture in a bit.

Cooperman, Not no spark from the Water Temp. It does have control on the spark timing I bet.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I skimmed through and don't think anyone answered about empty connector in your original post - that should be the aux power connector (switched with ignition), normally used for factory heated grips I believe. Some use it for that or other low-current accessories such as LED lighting.

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
TOS location

1.jpg

2.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had an Enfield 250 years back, I rewired it once, I think I had 7 wires in the loom. lol. Where did we go wrong.
Thanks for posting the pics Dave, nice to know that the tip over sensor is easily accessible for a tap, well for those of use who ride without tupperware and screens it is.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts