Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So it was only unplugged not ripped out? have you checked that everything else works,all lights etc. They may have popped a fuse somewhere whilst they were attempting to start it
Yes, just unplugged. Everything works apart from the horn, but it’s a dual horn setup with a rusty as hell relay, I’ve ordered a new relay which will be here sometime next week. All fuses are good

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't think that that relay would prevent it from starting,but there again....
Anyone got a wiring diagram (or link) for one of these 400 things.It does seem strange coincidence that the only things they touched were the ignition and the horn wiring, why the horn wiring? did the thieves know something we don't. And now it wont go, strange.
Maybe they were going to get power from the horn circuit to fire it up??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can't think that that relay would prevent it from starting,but there again....
Anyone got a wiring diagram (or link) for one of these 400 things.It does seem strange coincidence that the only things they touched were the ignition and the horn wiring, why the horn wiring? did the thieves know something we don't. And now it wont go, strange.
Maybe they were going to get power from the horn circuit to fire it up??
as they are twin horns a relay is needed to power them, seems to be a common mod

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
Leave the horn thought out for now. This is not the issue

When you put the wires back together for the Ignition switch, are they all correctly directed? Tight connections?

Not trying to bypass the factory ignition switch? This is a very common failure of thought. The ECM is looking for a signal from the factory ignition switch. Can not just put a 'Toggle Switch' in its place.

A 2005 in Europe has a Immobilizer system and I do not think it will start without the correct coded key. There is NO way to bypass the Immobilizer system except to replace the ECM with a 2005 from USA. The ECM is embedded with the code.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Link to a manual sorry its Black AND white so no colours
Leave the horn thought out for now. This is not the issue

When you put the wires back together for the Ignition switch, are they all correctly directed? Tight connections?

Not trying to bypass the factory ignition switch? This is a very common failure of thought. The ECM is looking for a signal from the factory ignition switch. Can not just put a 'Toggle Switch' in its place.

A 2005 in Europe has a Immobilizer system and I do not think it will start without the correct coded key. There is NO way to bypass the Immobilizer system except to replace the ECM with a 2005 from USA. The ECM is embedded with the code.
there were only two wires removed from the ignition barrel wire plug, I’ve tried two ways to reconnect (both ways), but the way I’ve left it is the only way I get the ignition to come on

It doesn’t look like anything has been bypassed at all

Its the original key that the previous owner always used

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
OK, one last thing to try.
Turn the throttle on full and hold it open. Crank the engine over for about 10 to 15 seconds to see if it will sputter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
FIXED: When I reconnected the ignition wire cables to the plug I had put two of them in the wrong way around (red and black/white). It’s the small loom plug that goes from the back of the ignition barrel

Thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha

I’ve checked and it shows c00 which I believe is no faults?
I’ve found the ECU and have cleaned the pin contacts with contact cleaner but still the same

tried the spark plug against the engine and still no spark :-(
Sounds dumb but check your engine cutoff switch. Right handle bar. Next check kickstand switch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
check this wire diagram. I dont know what WP sensor is, but I think TP sensor is "tipp over" sensor. anyone else who knows, maybe?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts