Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hope this hasn't been posted
but whille cruisin about 55 and above my front end seems to wobble or shake a bit specially if im holding on by one hand new tires was balanced does anyone else have this issue 04 400 burgman :(

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Badgator said:
i hope this hasn't been posted
but whille cruisin about 55 and above my front end seems to wobble or shake a bit specially if im holding on by one hand new tires was balanced does anyone else have this issue 04 400 burgman :(
Does it do the same with no hands on the bar? ( No inadvertent rider input) If yes, get the tyre re-balanced.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it does it even worse without the hands.im like OMG yes without hands it'll rock n roll

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
It could be the tire but it could also be the steering head bearings need adjusting.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Buffalo said:
It could be the tire but it could also be the steering head bearings need adjusting.
For my money, it is the tyre because of the set speed it occurs. Get them to do a dynamic balance

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Just because the tire is new doesn't mean it can't be out of balance. It may have not been balanced correctly or one of the balance weights may have not been stuck on good and it came off.

The tire might also be slightly out of round, not enough to notice at slower speeds but noticeable at higher speeds.

Or as I mentioned above, your steering head bearings may need to be adjusted.

The wobble is not normal for the 400. Mine is wobble free from 0 to 90+.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you buffalo.ill give all those a try i live in a small town and have to travel 45 miles to the nearest motorcycle shop ,but there going to check it out for me i appreciate it :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Glad you found the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts