Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hasn't even been 2 months and I'm already thinking about driving myself in for treatment! I need to ride my beloved Burger! Anyone else in this same boat?
And NO, I'm not riding it in the salt and snow during a Wi winter just to freeze my butt off and lie to myself that I'm 'toasty'....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yup, if I go for more than 2-3 days w/o riding I get a little antsy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
a year ago i made a bad decision to sell my burgee, the dealership agreed to sell on consignment but i had to sign a 30 day agreement to not take the bike back, by the third day i was very antsy.
i prayed every day that it wouldn't sell, God was gracious as He always is, and answered that prayer and i got my bike back, needless to say, that won't happen again!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Because of a health problem that had me hospitalized I didn't ride for over 8 weeks. Not a day went by that I didn't think about it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If the roads are dry and ice free I don't mind bundling up a bit for a short ride. "Short" being 50 or so miles. I guess that I have a bit of a fear of someday sitting in a nursing home looking out the window and watching people go by on their two-wheelers and thinking about all of the times that I sat at home watching TV when I could have been out riding. So I ride.

No matter what there will be a day for all of us when we push our bikes in the garage for the last time. Can't do anything about that. So ride now and just think about how great it is to still be able to do so. Tivo that NCIS episode if you have to. Gibbs and DiNozzo and Ducky can wait. Ride like there is no tomorrow because someday there will not be.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not riding my 650 as I am in recovery from rotator cuff surgery. Soooooo, I have gotten to the point with my shoulder that I can work on the bike some so I have the rear Tupperware off and the trailer hitch I've wanted to fab up is going on next weekend. Single wheel trailering here I come!!!!

Greg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I didn't ride earlier today because it was threatening to snow, cleared up and I will ride tonight to my night job. I ride all year long unless there is snow or heavy rain or extremely high winds. Any of those last a day, two at the most. So I don't know the feeling because of weather. However, I spent 9 months in a wheelchair after I shattered my leg falling from a ladder at work. So I do know the "no-ride, stir-crazy, cabin-fever feeling"!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the roads are dry and ice free I don't mind bundling up a bit for a short ride. "Short" being 50 or so miles. I guess that I have a bit of a fear of someday sitting in a nursing home looking out the window and watching people go by on their two-wheelers and thinking about all of the times that I sat at home watching TV when I could have been out riding. So I ride.

No matter what there will be a day for all of us when we push our bikes in the garage for the last time. Can't do anything about that. So ride now and just think about how great it is to still be able to do so. Tivo that NCIS episode if you have to. Gibbs and DiNozzo and Ducky can wait. Ride like there is no tomorrow because someday there will not be.[/QUOTE
That hit me like a ton of bricks! And I thank you.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I felt like I was having my 2nd heart attack so I packed up a bag quick like and took a personal inventory to see if I could ride my Burger to the hospital. 50/50, so I got on it and rode to the hospital only 2 miles away. Parked and took a last look at her. Antsy? After 2 days I was climbing the walls because I felt so much better and knew the Burger was in the lot just downstairs. They released me the next day and I rode to work to check in. I was given a few more days off to rest up. Hmmm, what was I going to do with all that free time. :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ride it ride it ride it, like an above poster said, you'll regret it if you don't.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It hasn't even been 2 months and I'm already thinking about driving myself in for treatment! I need to ride my beloved Burger! Anyone else in this same boat?
And NO, I'm not riding it in the salt and snow during a Wi winter just to freeze my butt off and lie to myself that I'm 'toasty'....
It's all about the wardrobe , if people can drive snowmobiles in the winter they can certainly drive Burgman scooters . I live in S.S. Michigan so I have the same weather you do and I drive all winter , so far I've missed about 4 or 5 days due to snow , ice and rain . Winter riding is really easy above 35 degrees , when it gets colder than that you have to get more serious with the wardrobe . When I go out in the afternoon here for an hour or two it's like a fun mini adventure every day . I think it's a blast , once you get it you'll love it .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Over the years I have had to replace both of my knees , and was able to space each knee apart from the other . But each time I was able to have the surgery done during the winter months cause I knew that if I did this in the summer I would go crazy not being able to ride and hearing the other bikers going by my house each day .

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts