Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to sell my two burgmans looking for some advice on how much to price them for and where to list them for sale can I list on this forum (I don’t want to break any of the rules) but if someone here wants a perfect bike with some nice extras this is the bike mine is a 2015 bought new by me and only ridden by me I have probably over serviced it but maybe that’s why it’s been such a great machine around 18,500 miles with nothing wrong with it I would jump on it and ride it cross country and not think a thing about it my wife’s is a 2020 around 7500 miles and has some fall over scratches one by her in the driveway and one was from being pushed down when we came out of the store located in central coast area of California we are riding to Milwaukee this summer and had plans to ride them but ended up buying two new can am spyders so I guess the time has come I’m actually sad as I know I would never by able to find one as nice as the one I have now and I still enjoy it any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated thanks in advance

· Super Moderator
4,526 Posts
Hopefully you will get the pricing you wau want from this thread.

Once you are ready you can post them for sale in the Classifieds forum you will find in the marketplace section.

You are very welcome to stop by and see us often once they are gone. Enjoy the new machines

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully you will get the pricing you wau want from this thread.

Once you are ready you can post them for sale in the Classifieds forum you will find in the marketplace section.

You are very welcome to stop by and see us often once they are gone. Enjoy the new machines
Thank you il take pictures of them tomorrow and get them listed

· Registered
1,005 Posts
It may not be the case in California, but in much of the country you'd do better if you waited for spring, when purchasing demand is higher. In addition to posting them here, you should consider Facebook Marketplace, which has effectively replaced Craigslist as the place to buy and sell such things. Start monitoring competitive ads now to estimate what you can get for yours.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may not be the case in California, but in much of the country you'd do better if you waited for spring, when purchasing demand is higher. In addition to posting them here, you should consider Facebook Marketplace, which has effectively replaced Craigslist as the place to buy and sell such things. Start monitoring competitive ads now to estimate what you can get for yours.
Even though one of the good things of living here is the year round riding season but I think you’re right about waiting till springtime if I only had a bigger garage lol

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Even though one of the good things of living here is the year round riding season but I think you’re right about waiting till springtime if I only had a bigger garage lol
ummm is the wifeys car inside ?:whistle:

· Registered
2015 Suzuki Burgman 650
75 Posts
mine is a 2015 bought new by me and only ridden by me I have probably over serviced it but maybe that’s why it’s been such a great machine around 18,500 miles with nothing wrong with it
I bought a 2015 Executive with 1,600 miles on it in 2020 for $5,000 cash. There was only one barely noticeable scratch on it (owner had to point it out), it was stock and like new, not a spec of dirt on it. I've upgraded to LED's, added safety lights, replaced tires and done a few mods and would not sell it today for less than $6,000 with 3,600 miles on it. Hope that helps you evaluate.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a 2015 Executive with 1,600 miles on it in 2020 for $5,000 cash. There was only one barely noticeable scratch on it (owner had to point it out), it was stock and like new, not a spec of dirt on it. I've upgraded to LED's, added safety lights, replaced tires and done a few mods and would not sell it today for less than $6,000 with 3,600 miles on it. Hope that helps you evaluate.
Well my mind isn’t very far off my emotional thinking might be I was thinking of pricing it at 5000.00 almost 19000 miles but my service maintenance records are well documented with paperwork and I have done everything in the manual plus a ton never had a problem I bought new and it’s never been down I have also added some nice adds the best tour pack heated hand grips and battery tender I could find (still running the original factory battery) but have a brand new battery (still in the box ) that comes with the bike so I don’t think I'm to far off but still trying to get comparable prices and you have helped me my emotional mind is telling me 10 grand and then I don’t know just to attached I guess and I know I could never replace it

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
G, if I had $5,000 and the wife OK'ed it, I'd fly to San Luis Obispo tomorrow and take an Uber to your house. Well maybe not as we have snow up here and icy roads between us..... I just don't have $5,000 now ether. And the wife would ask me if I was off my meds.

I just think you are taking a loss just for space.

Reactions: SemBurg

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Time is on your side, it's a good year mechanically and body style, well maintained, price it a bit high and let it sit for the winter.
I would shine it up for the spring buyers. Cancel the add, then re-advertise in spring if you still have it so it's not an
"Old listing"...buyers like to beat you up over old listings. You should have no problems selling it, folks that know seek them out.

· Registered
2015 Suzuki Burgman 650
75 Posts
Well my mind isn’t very far off my emotional thinking might be I was thinking of pricing it at 5000.00 almost 19000 miles but my service maintenance records are well documented with paperwork and I have done everything in the manual plus a ton never had a problem...
I am extremely confident, especially with gas prices that you can get $5,000, maybe more with solid maintenance (I too have hard copy service manual but lack heated grips). Don't under-price! When I sold my plane 5 years ago, I asked to little and had 5 bids the first day! Should have asked more...

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boy you guys are right I agree I can probably get more money later and I don't know if it's ever happened to you the more it stays here the more I decide not to sell it and pretty soon I'm gonna get used to it sitting in the garage and think to myself, I'm glad I didn't sell it just love the thing. It's kind of like ripping off a Band-Aid. If I do it quick and now I'll get it done if not.?????? I know my wife can care less about keeping her 2020 burgman 400 and we both love our new trikes soooo maybe I sell hers that would give me a little more room (oh no here I go)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts