Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish me luck! FINAL UPDATE!

2K views 44 replies 23 participants last post by  ScubaGirl 
#1 ·
Wish me luck. I'm going to the inspectors for what I hope is the next to the last time at 8:00am (for her to inspect my paperwork). If she approves the paperwork and gives me a date for the inspection then I'll only have to go one more time (for the actual physical inspection of the Burgman) to be legal!

Since I started this little project back in February I'm just a bit jaded and tired of the bullpucky right now.

If she doesn't give me an appointment you will be sure to hear about me on CNN later in the day. :twisted:

#2 ·
Re: Wish me luck!

ScubaGirl said:
Wish me luck. ,,,snip...I'm going to the inspectors for what I hope is the next to the last time at 8:00am (for her to inspect my paperwork). If she approves the paperwork and gives me a date for the inspection then I'll only have to go one more time (for the actual physical inspection of the Burgman) to be legal!

Since I started this little project back in February I'm just a bit jaded and tired of the bullpucky right now.

If she doesn't give me an appointment you will be sure to hear about me on CNN later in the day. :twisted:
CNN Flash News: Scooter-girl runs amuck at DMV. Film at 11:00

Well, I hope not. :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, Good luck!!

#5 ·
Hey Dee :)

Well I sure hope things went well - guess it will be an hour or two before you are home and able to update us.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

#7 ·
OK Dee - it's aboutta half past miller time central. Friday.

What happened?

#8 ·
Suspense...

Sorry to leave everyone in suspense. Had to leave town unexpectedly.

(Last minute rental in our vaction home. :D )

I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE INSPECTION ON TUESDAY!

The inspector started to give me a hard time again but I actually bit my tongue (really). I told her the only reason she didn't accept the paperwork last time was the fender I purchased off eBay. That was a part of it but I left the rest of the story untold. I figured if she didn't remember I wasn't going to remind her. Anyhow after several frowns and some grumbling she realized I had all my i's dotted and t's crossed so she HAD to approve it.

I remembered she was going on vacation just after my last visit and asked her about it while pulling out my checkbook to pay for the temp tag. She obviously enjoyed her vacation as she actually SMILED (didn't know she could do that), then she saw my checks - I have a Celestial theme on them. Apparently she collects stuff like that...so now after all the aggrevation we are "best buds". :?

I now even have a temp tag so I can drive it until the inspection LEGAL like!

Pictures will be forthcoming next week. I've got a very full weekend so I'll be scarce around here for a few days.

#9 ·
:thumbleft: :thumbup: That is utterly cool, Dudette! Congrats & good luck on Tuesday, I'll keep the fingers & toes crossed & say another lil'prayer. :thumbup: :thumbright:

#13 ·
Dee,

GREAT NEWS :eek:ccasion9:

Why is it government agencies have to make it so hard for law abiding people to stay legal yet they bend over backwards for criminals :?

I hope you join us on the Cape Canaveral Trip and show off your new Burgman. Details are at the scooter group site.

Janine :)

#14 ·
A "Tiny" Snag...

Started to button up the last of the Tupperware this morning...hubby said to put it back in the house...95+ degrees.

It wouldn't start. Ok, no biggie...probably have the kill switch off...nope, side stand? Nope...low battery? Nope...spark plugs...nope...not getting gas...the fuel pump went South!

Working on it now. :cry: Will update later.

#17 ·
Luck is being wished at this time. Fun will be forthcoming, I'm sure. 8)

Steve

Gear up!

#18 ·
Checked them...

Checked the fuses and the battery voltage as well. I like to be thorough! I couldn't hear the pump kick in when I started it so Jack disconnected the hose to the injectors and we tried to start the bike. No gas/fumes or anything! (Hubby tested the continuity of the whole FI system before we took the pump assembly apart.) When he took apart the fuel pump assembly and it was COATED in varnish.

I could kick myself for neglecting to put a conditioner in the tank. It sat for about 1 1/2 before I got it but started right up soooo. I made the semi-conscious decision that everything was ok. :?

Jack disassembled the fuel pump while I removed the varish from the float and the plastic housing. What a job!

We were quite resourceful. Jack freed up the pump. (Frozen solid with varnish). We put a mixture of gas and fuel injector cleaner in a pan and hooked it up directly to the battery out in the middle of the driveway. We had the fire extinguisher handy. :roll: Since it didn't blow up we let it run for a 1/2 hour in the mixture. It seemed to help. Anyhow, Jack reassembled the pump components and put it back in the scoot. I added some of the injector cleaner to the tank and ran the scoot for about 20 minutes. Once it is completely buttoned up I will take it out and run the heck out of it (within the break in limits of course.) I figure if I run the mix for a few tankfuls I might be ok then maybe once a month after that? Any suggestions?

Whew, this has been just one learning experience after another!

I have to reiterate...I have the BEST husband in the world!

#19 ·
Dee,

Try some Sea Foam brand fuel system cleaner. I've heard great things about it. Bought some but haven't gotten around to using it on the mower, string trimmer, etc. Was thinking of putting some in my car's gas tank, but need to make sure it won't mess anything up.

Do a google search and read some of the reviews/opinions. So glad to hear you will be riding. What patience!!

Madonna

#20 ·
Very Sad...

After all this time I've waited and now I have to postpone my inspection! I can't drive the scoot because it has no power, popping and spitting...

I am VERY sad...drove the scoot to work today so I could have my mechanic adjust the handlebars. Scoot started running worse than before. Ernie said change the spark plugs so I tried changing the spark plugs but to no avail. Scoot now has 250 miles on it. Plugs were black with the tip being white. Lots of carbon and burning too hot. Burg is running like dog poo. The last 2 miles from home it would barely stay running and would only go 11 MPH!

I ordered the fuel filter/pump and injector assemblies...hope that fixes the problem. If not I guess I'm back to being truly shiftless.

As of Friday I was $100 under budget. Now I'm running about $500 over.

Hopefully it will only be another week or so.

The :D is only there to keep me from :cry: . I am a strong woman but this just might break me.

#23 ·
Dee,

Hang in there. I am sure after all that you have been through with this Burgman you will figure out this little :D problem.

Take a deep breath and say "I think I can, I think I can".

Good Luck,

Janine :)

#24 ·
Pump/Filter

I ordered the whole assembly 'cause the pump has already gone South once. The filter is just plain gross. Cleaned it but a new one is necessary. I will remove the tank and clean the tank before re-assembling.

I'm starting to warm up to the name PITA for the scoot. :roll:

My recommendation to myself...run some injector cleaner through the gas at least once or twice a year! This has been an expensive lesson...one I knew but obviously didn't feel necessary to retain in this itty bitty brain. :?

#25 ·
Dee -

You might want to take everything out and soak it all in denatured alcohol. A gallon doesn't cost a whole lot, and it is really good at eating up any varnish. I messed with a carbed bike that sat for 20 years with a tank full of gas for quite a while before i tore it down for the umpteenth time and put muratic acid in the tank to clean up the rust, and soaked everything in denatured alcohol to dissolve all the little flakes of varnish that kept plugging the system up. I found the bike also won't run with any power if you put too much of the carb cleaner in the fuel. Figured I could dump a bunch in and eat up the mess.

I know your frustration, but it's sometimes part of the voyage. You'll figure it out.

Kev

#26 ·
Re: Pump/Filter

ScubaGirl said:
I ordered the whole assembly 'cause the pump has already gone South once. The filter is just plain gross. Cleaned it but a new one is necessary. I will remove the tank and clean the tank before re-assembling.

I'm starting to warm up to the name PITA for the scoot. :roll:

My recommendation to myself...run some injector cleaner through the gas at least once or twice a year! This has been an expensive lesson...one I knew but obviously didn't feel necessary to retain in this itty bitty brain. :?
Pain
In
The
A**

I've been there. It will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.