Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in desperate need of a complete wiring harness for my AN650AL1 E33. part # 36610-13JAO.
i have the bike in a shop and they found that mice went to town on the wiring. Now ,being that Suzuki dosn't make the part anymore, the shop is having a hard time finding the harness. They have reached out to Suzuki Co. and are waiting info. Can anyone on here help me find the part? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Will it be vastly different to a 2009?
If slight differences, modify?
This link is to that 2009 - $229, free shipping in US.

Some one on here should be able to confirm suitability or otherwise.
OR
There's one for a 650AL2 listed brand new on ebay.uk, but that's £1,186....:oops:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it be vastly different to a 2009?
If slight differences, modify?
This link is to that 2009 - $229, free shipping in US.

Some one on here should be able to confirm suitability or otherwise.
OR
There's one for a 650AL2 listed brand new on ebay.uk, but that's £1,186....:oops:
Thanks, but my mechanic is trying to get the exact part or a confirmation from Suzuki as to compatibility

·
Administrator
22,135 Posts
Dave, if I were closer I think we could make good splices to the old harness. Its really not that hard. With the new way to splice* and use heatshrink tubing with glue inside they are water tight.

* The NEW splice is a century old 'Western Union' splice where the wires are fan'ed out and twisted tightly, then soldered.

·
Administrator
22,135 Posts
I suggest 2 types of splicing, both involve using glue inside heat shrink tubing, twisting and soldering.

1. is to slip some heat shrink over the long side of the wire. Then strip 3/4 inch off both ends. Then fan the strands out like fingers and put the 'Fingers' together and twist and solder. slide heat shrink over and seal.

2. Do the same as #1 but don't fan the strands, just twist tight and solder.

I would NOT use crimp connectors in areas that get wet.

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 8 of 8 Posts