Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to add some wiring for my Tourmaster heated gear to my 08 400 and wanted to get other members advice on how to go about doing this efficiently and cleanly. I like to keep my modifications clean and somewhat professional looking and don't want to see wires hanging all over the place.

I've done this on my 650 which was really simple since the battery is under the seat and so I just hide the wiring under the seat when not needed. However with the 400 the battery is in the glove compartment which makes it a bit more challenging.

I thought about running the connector lead out of the bottom of the battery cover plate which would be easy, but to run it out of the glove compartment would be a challenge. The edge of the glove door has a sharp edge to it so slamming the door on the wire and letting the wire hang out will eventually either warp the door due to the thickness of the wiring, or that sharp edge will cut through the wiring cover.

What have other members done to connect their heated gear connectors. I thought about using the cigarette lighter plug but it has the same issue, I would either have to let the wiring be pinched by the door being shut over it or keep the door open which would not be safe.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
this is what I did first:

then I realized the wire is long enough and continued to run it to reach the seat, so when I need it put the wire's end facing front through space between the seat and the plastics, this leaves the wire between your legs, when not in use I put it back underneath the seat.

hope this gives you some ideas.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I had the same issue, with the polarized plug
for my Battery Tender maintainer/charger.
I opened the glovebox door, decided where the wire
needed to come out, & very carefully filed a small
square 'notch' in the lower edge of the door, so that
I could close the glovebox door, without pinching
the wire....not noticeable, unless I lay on the ground
& look up at the bottom edge of the glovebox door.
My notch is about 1/4 inch wide, & about 1/8 inch deep.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

this is under the seat when not in use.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
This is where I want my plug to come out. I guess I need a longer wire though. My lead is only about 24" long. Not long enough to go from the battery to under the seat.
just for the record, I used the wire that came with the kit on the Burgman 400. if you bought the kit, the wire should be long enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts