Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Burgman Executive wiring on my printed diagram relating to the direction indicator-relay within the fusebox shows a complete blank. Further investigation uncovered the attached diagram which shows the parts but is still very obscure regarding the wiring. It appears to suggest a busbar or two but even these are not very clear. Can anyone elucidate?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What look like bus bars are intended to represent the mating shells of the connector, as though they were unplugged--the wiring connections are straight through.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cliffyk said:
the wiring connections are straight through.
I think that you misunderstood - there are no wires going 'straight through' where the indicator relay is - that is the problem. :wink:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Ah ha! When I first saw the Suzuki diagrams I pondered over that for the longest time.

You are referring to the crappy/confusing somewhat odd representation of the flasher's internals, highlighted below.

That is just a silly and useless pictorial diagram of the flasher module "black box". It does not represent any physical connections to the flasher module or fuse box. The only flasher related connections are the orange/green and light blue wires at the terminals labeled + and -, which represent a +12V source for the flasher, and the flasher's output routed to the lamps via the turn-signal switch.

(click on the image for a larger version)

------------------------------------------------
BTW: I used the K3 AN650L fuse box diagram above, as that was the version you posted. The E-03 (US 49-state) and E-33 (California) fuse wiring is slightly different for the headlamp fuses.

E-03/33 fuse box:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cliffyk said:
That is just a silly and useless pictorial diagram of the flasher module "black box". It does not represent any physical connections to the flasher module or fuse box.

Exactly! I was showing only the relevent bit of the circuit :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put a Kisan signal minder on my bike. it is supposed to work in conjunction with the T/S relay on a Suzuki (8-pin). However, for some reason the Burg, only uses it with 2 wires. when I spliced the Kisan, it should have made a true selfcancling turn signal. however the circut is too simple and you cannot add the springs into the switch so that it will reset and keep the signals flashing. so I have to still reset the switch as usual. A proper signal relay should be after the switch with a seperate power input for a good self cancling. since most Suzukis are using the 8-pin, are they all only using the 2 pins? I cant find the reason it needs 8 pins then.....

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the trouble with retiring and being out of the electronics game somewhat - one's power of deduction is not as concentrated as it once was - at least it is in my case. This wiring quandary set me off looking about for a mechanical relay. So I checked out my flasher unit next to the fuse box and discovered it to be a potted circuit - which suggests, embedded therein is something like a 555 timer (with suitable C and R) to give about 85 flashes per minute. This arrangement would need only two pins (+ and -) out of the seven provided because it is the power supply that is switched. That's why the wires on the diagram, apart from these two, are shown going nowhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts