Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found wireless, rechargeable, bluetooth speakers that are loud enough to listen to music at highway speeds? I'm looking for something (preferably small) that I can mount to the top of my dashboard that will connect wirelessly with my iphone. I am looking at the Ultimate Ears Mini Boombox, but I'm not sure it will be loud enough. No information on the wattage of the speakers. Wondering if anyone has found something that works.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Has anyone found wireless, rechargeable, bluetooth speakers that are loud enough to listen to music at highway speeds?
....and what's the problem with helmet speakers???:confused:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm an earbuds kinda guy myself, but if Renegade wants speakers that's ok by me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
For what it's worth, I have the torc t27 helmet with Bluetooth speakers. Works pretty well. It's a modular, but the company has some in full face. Not expensive either. 2-300.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Earbuds are good, and I have used them, but I found 2 problems: 1) they suppress traffic noise that may be important to my safe riding, and 2) when I stop and chat with my friends at traffic lights, etc., I can't hear them very well. Looking at speakers so that I can still hear traffic and can mute them and hear others speaking.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Helmet speaker are good, too, but there are times that I need to wear a headset/microphone for intercom with other riders.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
On my helmet, it can link up with intercom for other riders. There is no boom mic, so you could still add an extra one if you had to. To mute the music, I just touch a button. I had speakers before, and kinda like this more. I can still use the phone and everything with it. And, being modular, I just pause the music, and flip the helmet up and talk all I want.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Earbuds are good, and I have used them, but I found 2 problems: 1) they suppress traffic noise that may be important to my safe riding, and 2) when I stop and chat with my friends at traffic lights, etc., I can't hear them very well. Looking at speakers so that I can still hear traffic and can mute them and hear others speaking.
On the flip side, they also suppress wind noise!

The drawbacks of earbuds for me are that putting them in properly takes time I sometimes don't have (in a group ride, you go when everyone else is ready), and that sometimes they fall out (and again, on a group ride you don't often have the opportunity to pull over and put them back in).

Helmet speakers, though much more convenient, do nothing to reduce wind noise -- and my cheap Rube Goldberg setup doesn't have enough power to get through earplugs.

Speakers mounted to the bike wouldn't work for me -- the stock windscreen on my '05 isn't tall enough to block out wind noise, so I'd be unable to hear them over the din.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jawbone's Big Jambox claims to possess the power to turn any phone, tablet or mobile device into a portable hi-fi sound system, and it's hard to argue. Its built-in microphone enables users to enjoy hands-free calls and video chats using Skype or FaceTime, and LiveAudio technology aims to make you feel as if you're in the front row of your favourite band.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts