Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I have a 2003 Burgman. Currently it is on a battery tender. Someone from the dealer told us to locate the float bowl and drain the gas out. We use to just use stabil and fill the gas tank up. Has something changed? We are confused about the best way to winterize the bike. Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The Stabil and battery tender is the right way to go. The former keeps solid particles from forming in the fuel and clogging the lines. Be sure you run it for a few minutes after you add it to the gas - you want it to work its way entirely through the system. Other than that, you're good to go. If you keep it covered, a cloth layer closest to the bike is a good idea too.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
My husband and I have a 2003 Burgman. Currently it is on a battery tender. Someone from the dealer told us to locate the float bowl and drain the gas out. We use to just use stabil and fill the gas tank up. Has something changed? We are confused about the best way to winterize the bike. Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance

You need find more competent and knowledgeable dealer person to speak about Burgie with. What you do is very good !

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Linda
Another option is become a snow bird & come down to the desert around Palm Springs Ca. for the winter. It's been in the low to mid 70's all last week & same for next. :cool: If not what you are doing should work out just fine. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts