Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seasons are changing and my riding time is diminishing. I do not have the owners manual so I want to know what I need to do to winterize the bike? I am planning on installing a battery tender but what about the fuel?

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
This search should help.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/gtsear...10-winterizing-650-a.html&ss=7584j15853168j13

Also, don't "cook" your battery. If there are no added accs. that could drain your battery, it should be good for at least a month without any attention. I have never used on on may bike, and the OEM lasted 8 years, however, If I know I won't be riding a few months, I remove the battery at keep it on my bench in the basement.

The replacement was put in 2 years ago, and the battery has never been removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put 1400 miles on my new 09 KLR this summer but it has been sitting since Sept. 04. Long story that involved big bills, too many doctors, and lotsa recuperation. Am ok now. But it is 8 degrees outside here in minnesota and I haven't touched my bike.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Winterizing the Burgman is easy. You bring her down to Florida and ride her all winter long! Nothing keeps a bike in good shape quite as well as riding her every day.

But if you don't have that option, before you take the battery out, put some Sta-Bil into the tank and drive her around a bit to get that stuff throughout the motor. Using the centerstand to help keep the tires off the ground isn't a bad idea either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like everybody has it covered. After you run the Sta-bil through it, top off the gas. This will help keep moisture out of the tank.

Kim

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Winterizing the Burgman is easy. You bring her down to Florida and ride her all winter long! Nothing keeps a bike in good shape quite as well as riding her every day.
The desert of So. Call works just as good. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts

But if you don't have that option, before you take the battery out, put some Sta-Bil into the tank and drive her around a bit to get that stuff throughout the motor. Using the centerstand to help keep the tires off the ground isn't a bad idea either.

What ChipDoc said - best to keep riding where it's warm. Given that is not an option and the winters there are as long as ours, I'd recommend clean oil before storage as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts