Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Olympia gloves and they work till about 50 degrees. I cannot find a website or dealer with a manufacturers guide to glove with any temp. ratings for motorcycles.

I have wondered if Goretex or Gerbing head gloves are the answer but I cannot get a decent review and few are at the stores for comparison or trying on for size and feel.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciate as I head into the winter in Ohio.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oxford heated grips, priceless year around! When you buy gloves you have to buy controllers and cables, then you always have to connect and disconnect, with grips you just turn them on and they turn off with the ignition. Web Bike World has some reviews of heated gear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have been keeping my local Gander Mountain's customer service busy here in Columbus OH.
I have tried 4 pair so far and I have finally found one that works for me at 47F
My hands were warm after a 32 mile ride.

I have not had a chance to try colder yet, as that was the temp this AM.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...rus-Mens-Heatwave-Accel-Glove&i=733692&r=view
Seirus Accel Heatwave They have a silver colored inner liner they say reflects the heat back.

I will post back the next time I can ride at 40F - and report how they work.

I will also keep watching this post as I need good gloves also - these "may" be it

·
Registered
427 Posts
47 F for me is standard glove weather, so we may have different tolerances. I have used Alpinestars DryStars for two years. They have my 25 minute ride warm to 30 F no problem. I start feeling a little discomfort on this ride at 20 F temperatures.

Give them a look.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe I will ride in to work monday it is due to be 31F Monday AM (When I leave at 6 AM)
Depends on how warm I feel monday when I get ready to head out for my 45 Minute trip to work

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i got the Gerbings T5 and i dont look back, ridden under 30's no problem, toasty warm.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've worn the same gloves for 30 years. Large (oversize) Elkskin or deerskin over gloves and polypropylene liners. Wear the same gloves blowing snow, backpacking at 10,000', and going to winter football games. Don't need no worse bike gloves

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well help ur fellow riders out, where you get them skin gloves with poly liners?

Anything that removes another deer of this planet I am all for.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
If no snow ride in November and up to December 15 here it get cold 20F to 35F, heat grip nice in late spring and early November as is nice also in May but from March 15 - April 15 and October 20 - December 15 Gerbing heated glove or liner much better.

Here because of snow, ice & extreme cold not ride between December 15 - March 15.

Also law say here must have snow tire front and rear as of December 15, it must carry tire manufacturer mold in sidewall pictogram for true approve winter tire.

No one really ride here from December 15 - March 15 or later depending on how quick spring arrive.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
ON the 650 the addition of the wider Clearview screen just about eliminates cold hands...I've ridden barehanded ( I have the exec with factory bar heaters ) in temps normally I;d be in winter gloves.

Taking that airflow off the hands is just the ticket - the extra 3" per side at the bottom is perfect.

In cold weather I use Eddie Bauer First Ascent gloves with the down liner but found I don't need the down - the grips plus the air in the glove combine for a comfortable solution and they are gauntlet style so seal the jacket.

SImilar to these

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/p...44977&catPath=&viewAll=n&pg=1&cmPathInfo=T347

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I use a pair of "mountaineering mittens" good to -30 F. Eastern Mountain Sports in the Northeast...

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
As a former four season rider just get heated gloves. My experience is after 30 minutes you cant generate enough body heat to stay warm. The materials just get cold.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've worn the same gloves for 30 years. Large (oversize) Elkskin or deerskin over gloves and polypropylene liners. Wear the same gloves blowing snow, backpacking at 10,000', and going to winter football games. Don't need no worse bike gloves
Could you please post a photo of your gloves as i have never seen what a pair of gloves look like after 30 years of regular use. Thanks, I can only manage a few years out of my buys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I live in New Jersey where the winter is similar to Ohio. I recommend that you get both heated grips & heated gloves. I buy all my heated gear @ the Harley dealer. Your can try it on for fit before you buy & it comes with the excellent Gerbings guarantee Mark

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Frist cold day this year

I left my house at 6:30 AM and it was 28 Degrees F. As I was riding into town it dropped to 26 F. I had my Tourmaster Cold Tex gloves on and all was OK till about 20 mun's in. I had to switch on the heated grips. :rolleyes: I had been using a light textile/leather mix work "GRIP'S" glove for the summer season. I am sure that as the weather get colder I will be using my Gore-tex mittens and the heated grips. And I do have a Givi wide screen with the hand shields but I can still feel the wind.

So, for me the Tourmaster Cold Tex are good down to 26 degrees @ 20 minutes.

I had Frostbite in my left hand back in 1970 and can not take too much heat or cold.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well help ur fellow riders out, where you get them skin gloves with poly liners?

Anything that removes another deer of this planet I am all for.
I get elk/deerhide work gloves with reinforced palm and thumb-web at a local hardware/lumber yard (Mennards). The polyprop lines come from the local backpacking/hiking store (Moose's Tooth). Ugly neon blue - but warm. I'd say try Home Depot/Lowes etc and your nearby sporting goods store that is heavy into back packing/hiking/climbing or places like REI. Backpackers wear a lot of polyprop.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
+1 on the Tourmaster Cold Tex gloves

1 - 20 of 31 Posts