Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2013 AN 400 and want to change the windshield. The windshield that is on it is very tall and has a curved piece at the top added on. It flops around a lot when behind trucks at highway speeds.

What brand windshield would you recommend changing to. I am 5' 10".

Thank you

Gary Loos

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have the Givi Airflow that works very well. Givi also makes a one-piece screen. Clearview makes a screen that many like. The nice thing about the Airflow is that it has two pieces and the height can be adjusted for the best effect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Givi Airflow that works very well. Givi also makes a one-piece screen. Clearview makes a screen that many like. The nice thing about the Airflow is that it has two pieces and the height can be adjusted for the best effect.
Thank you very much for your reply. I did a search for the Givi Airflow screen and it looks like it should do the job. Will check into it.

Thanks

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had that Givi Airflow on my 2013 Burgman 400, "Ingrid." Ingrid was totaled when she was rear-ended by an inattentive Harley rider, and G-Dub provided a loving home to many of Ingrid's aftermarket parts, including the Airflow (and that fantastic Corbin seat, too!). We are both big fans.

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
the Givi will also be tall, If shorter is good for you, it' s not hard to cut down, since yhou will be trashing the oem anyway, why not try it? lotsa advice here on how to do it . Some of it even good advice !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner put on an aminar lip and I took it off to try and had way too much wind and wind noise. The windshield just comes to my chin.

I have also wondered about the Givi 266DT but have not seen one in person.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have also wondered about the Givi 266DT but have not seen one in person.
That is a good product, too, but it's nice to have the flexibility of the Airflow. I used to slide the movable portion up and down depending on where I was riding (and it can be done easily without stopping.) On the twisties, it was down to ensure I was looking over it; on the expressway, it was up to reduce wind noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have ordered the Givi Airflow. Anxious to get it installed.

Thanks to all that replied.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good morning, is there a recommended way to clean these plastic windshields to prevent scratching?

My GW was scratched but 95% of the time looked over it anyway, I would like to keep this one as is. Thank you.

bob

·
Registered
683 Posts
I always use Plexus. Not inexpensive, but a little goes a long way. Of course, nothing is going to keep all of your scratches away. You should be looking over the windscreen most of the time, anyway.

Reactions: 808

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
And always use a good, clean microfiber with the Plexus...never paper towels.

Reactions: 808 and Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Micro Fiber and Lemon Pledge.

Reactions: 808 and DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Reactions: 808 and Dave_J

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well, ya loin sumthin ever day! Will give it a shot (pun intended).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts