Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i fixed the wind problem on my 650 .i had the optional tall one from last year but was getting to much wind still ,so i took my 1500 watt heat gun and heated it up about 3 inches above the top mounting bolts ( put something over dash so it does not get hot ) and pulled it forward 3 inches ( measured from my givi mounting plate ) use some leather gloves so you can work the plastic a little . you will get some bulging as there is to much plastic when pulled forward but i do not care as long as the wind stops , also as you heat the plastic it turns milky white but goes clear again when it cools . put lots of heat before you start bending so you do not put in pressure points..... did a valve adjustment (31000 kms or 18000 miles) and everyone was in speck ,did not have to shims any of the valves ( used amsoil since the break in ) maybe that helped ? ...... had a very faint knock in the rear end that could only be heard as i slowed down to about 10 kms or 7 mph and it sounded like something hitting plastic , and timed about one revolution of the tire, it turned out to be a wheel bearing just starting to go ( could be my fault as i use a hotsy to clean my bike ) and the knock was the spacer on the axle riding up and then falling making a soft knock . so all is good for my ride to scootercade next month

·
Registered
308 Posts
" i use a hotsy to clean my bike...."

Do you mean those girls that wash your bike while they wear only string bikinis?

·
Registered
39 Posts
abm said:
" i use a hotsy to clean my bike...."

Do you mean those girls that wash your bike while they wear only string bikinis?
:lol: Hotsy is a brand of steam cleaner. But I like your impression of what it is MUCH better! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts