Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owened my Burgman650 for 6 months. it is my first bike. When i took the safety course I had trouble with clutch/shifter etc, a test ride on the Burgman and it was a done deal. I have read several of the general information and want to add my 2 cents. First I don.t like the term BURGER, it sound as if we should all ride down to the nearest fast food place and hang out. I like the term BURGIE. In my opinion the windshield is not too short, but the seat is too high. I am 6ft and my head is completely above the windshield. I have leanded over about 2 or three inches , the wind noise through my helment goes away. By cutting down the seat it would seem to lower the center of gravity for even better handling-any thoughts. Custom seat would seem to solve two problems and expence taller Windshield and a more softer seat. The only addition i have added is on the back of passenger backrest i added a 3 by 2 extra brake light from WM about $4.00. It addes an extra bit of visibility. All cars have it-right. When I twist the throttle I hear from the front of the bike a little valve opening. This valve is at the top of the radiator. Anyone know what this valve does. Dealer said nothing to worry about. Funny I didn't hear it when I first got the bike.
As a kid I spent a lot of time at local pool hall. Everyone had a nickname. I ate a lot of cheeseburgers hence name RATMAN.
This forum is really great and so is my BURGIE

·
Registered
793 Posts
Salutes salutations yadda yadda,

The defacto slang is Burgy, at my desk.
If someone gets a load of Skywave emblems - lookout.

Good idea on bringing the seat down.
Take into account the fact that the handlebars
are limited in their pivoting (covers are fixed).

Some riders could have problems with elbow position once the seat
goes down as the bars are thence higher.

---
You're a shooting star
You go so far

·
Registered
220 Posts
Spend some money and get the taller windscreen. Cutting the seat down is not a good idea. By the time you shave enough foam off to get your head below the stock windscreen you will have ruined the seat.

Have someone determine your line of sight over the windscreen while you are sittng on the bike. Let's say it's three inches. To get your line of sight below the top of the windscreen you might have to go two more inches. Now measure the seat. Ooops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts