Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my recently aborted 4 Corners Tour, I foolishly used fuel station windshield cleaners/squeegees to clean the bugs off the GIVI windscreen. Consequently it has developed a lot of very fine scratches. Can anyone recommend a product that will remove these scratches?

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
133 Posts
We use a product called Mirror Glaze on aircraft windshields that takes out fine scratches on plexiglass; I wonder if would work??

·
Registered
65 Posts
I work on aicraft here in Saudi and used the same cleaner on my Gold Wing screen, being a used bike the screen went from fog to clear with about half an hours work,don't know where you will get it from though.
Cheers
Ian :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Most of the shops around airports carry it, and many online aviation places as well; Sportys, Marv Golden etc.

Works wonders on the Jeep's soft-top windows as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should be able to pick some up at a composite suppliers as we use it in mold preperation. http://www.rage-composites.co.uk

Deep scratches can be wet or dry'd out with about 600 grade then use 1500 and 2000 grade then use a cutting compound - only problem is you will then have to do the whole screen as it will look so good on the patch you did.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've used a product called Macquiars plastic polish. It took a 20 year old hazy RZ350 screen and made it clearly visible. It works great. I found it in the car cleaner, wax section of your local store. Walmart and Canadian tire have it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone

Thanks all!

I'll go looking today. Never considered aviation materials. Makes perfiect sense.

Warren: We're enjoying the SOCAL winter weather at the Chula Vista RV Resort while visiting my sons and their families in the area.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Thanks everyone

dancote said:
Thanks all!

I'll go looking today. Never considered aviation materials. Makes perfect sense.

Warren: We're enjoying the SOCAL winter weather at the Chula Vista RV Resort while visiting my sons and their families in the area.

Regards,

Dan
Excellent Dan!

It is much better than it was two weeks ago; you picked a great time for a visit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts